JP for Mac game fails to launch, and other Mac Issues

edited November 2011 in Game Support
I can't figure out why it won't launch

Comments

• puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2011
    Do you get any error messages, or it just does nothing?
  • edited November 2011
    the application telltale games quit unexpectedly
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2011
    Can you post a DXDiag? I don't know what the problem might be, but that info may help the Telltale guys tomorrow.

To send a DXDiag, click the Start menu, click Run, and then type in DXDiag and press enter. After it loads, click Save All Information and save the file where you'll be able to easily find it. Open the file and then press Ctrl+A followed by Ctrl+C to copy the contents of the file, and then include that in a reply.
  • edited November 2011
    Hi there, I'm having the same issue. "telltale application quit unexpectedly" Just WEIRD! I don't know what's wrong but the game completely fails to launch after downloaded & installed correctly. Could it be because I'm running OSX 10.5.8? But the odd thing is I can run Back to the Future on the same MacBook Pro machine with no issues at all.
    Also, after the .dmg file mounted, the game file itself "JurassicPark100" doesn't have an icon associated with the file at all... just the generic App icon OSX assigns to Apps which don't have their own icon to begin with. odd...
    Something's up with the downloaded file I'm guessing? HELP PLEASE! =(

(Damn! & I was really hoping to take it for a spin tonight! argh.)
    Thanks for the help in advance!
  • edited November 2011
    same issue, telltale application quit unexpectedly kinda bummed i would have liked to at least have seen the game in action after staying up till 2 am to download it.
  • edited November 2011
    I'm re-downloading file (as if that would help, lol) but I just came across this: http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27359 Perhaps it will help? Feel to free to try it out & let me know how it works you, if you get a chance to try it out before my download is finished, again. =P Good luck!
  • edited November 2011
    Glyph2040 wrote: »
    Could it be because I'm running OSX 10.5.8?
    Yes, the minimum requirements say you need to have Snow Leopard (10.6.x)

go upgrade ;)

puzzlebox wrote: »
    To send a DXDiag, click the Start menu, click Run, and then type in DXDiag and press enter. After it loads, click Save All Information and save the file where you'll be able to easily find it. Open the file and then press Ctrl+A followed by Ctrl+C to copy the contents of the file, and then include that in a reply.
    This doesnt work on a Mac
  • edited November 2011
    SysReq are X.6 or above. Sorry. The reason why BttF worked was because they patched it for OSX.5 users.
  • edited November 2011
    Bugs I've recognized so far:

- Do not rename "JurassicPark100.app" (it creates a new folder in ~/Library/Application Support/Telltale Games/) which doesn't let you load your save game anymore

- If you are having problems with the resolution (may cause black screen): Do not play with prefs.prop - it doesnt changes anything.If you have the luck to own a Time machine recover this file from the last date it worked

- Do not press CMD + H to hide the game (like in other applications). It will crash immediately !
  • edited November 2011
    If anyone has problems with their prefs.pop, I can make them a replacement.
  • edited November 2011
    Just downloaded the game on steam. When I try to run it the screen goes black like it's heading ingame. Then it just flashes back to the desktop and I get a nice long stack traced error report.

Never even made it to the game's splash screen.

I have a recent macbook pro running osx lion. Anyone else having this problem?
  • edited November 2011
    Hey, merging this with the other Mac support thread. Since I'm not on Lion, I can't replicate the issue, but I know someone will try ASAP.
  • edited November 2011
    Hey I was having this same issue in 10.7.2
    I got it working. Here is the thread I started because I didn't see this one.

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27460
  • edited November 2011
    Nice. Thanks for the find! As a fellow Mac user, this is always appreciated.
  • edited November 2011
    Def, Anytime. I will edit it and clean it up a little. Curious to see if it works for anyone else.

Now if I could get my save to load...
  • edited November 2011
    Hello Fellow Mac Users!

I haven't experienced any of the issues above, but have noticed this:

I've found that accessing the main menu (pressing Esc or space bar) during cutscenes can cause the game to crash when attempting to return. I've reproduced this again and again, but it only seems to occur during cutscenes. I've since noticed that the game auto saves anyway, so there's no reason to return to the main menu other than to pause. Otherwise it runs great on the highest setting. I'm using a 2011 27" iMac running Snow Leopard. Has anyone else had this problem?
  • edited November 2011
    Some times when the characters are talking, there's echo!
  • edited November 2011
    Hello Fellow Mac Users!

I haven't experienced any of the issues above, but have noticed this:

I've found that accessing the main menu (pressing Esc or space bar) during cutscenes can cause the game to crash when attempting to return. I've reproduced this again and again, but it only seems to occur during cutscenes. I've since noticed that the game auto saves anyway, so there's no reason to return to the main menu other than to pause. Otherwise it runs great on the highest setting. I'm using a 2011 27" iMac running Snow Leopard. Has anyone else had this problem?

This happens to me almost every time I hit pause and try to resume the game. The thing that really annoys me is I have to SHUT DOWN the whole iMac. There's just no response after it gets stuck in that grey fossil pause screen. Please fix this.
  • edited November 2011
    EXACTLY the same for me, pressing the power button is the only way to get out of it. Glad to hear someone else is having this problem! :)
  • edited November 2011
    Hi everyone, I'm using 10.7.2 Lion and have downloaded the game a couple of times but when I try to open the dmg it claims that the "disk image couldn't be opened" "JurassicPark100_setup not recognized".

Disk Utility does not help to mount it, and the image could not be converted. Quite annoyed because I have a monthly download cap so this is costing me far more than it should. Can anyone help?
This discussion has been closed.