Mac .dmg File Not Working? Solution Here!

edited November 2011 in Game Support
If you had trouble getting JP to mount on your Mac- I have a foolproof workaround!

PROBLEM: The JP .dmg file downloads perfectly fine on your computer, but when you click it, nothing happens.

SOLUTION: This is a mounting problem.

1. Control-click (or right click with two-button mouse) the .dmg file.
2. Go to "Open With" and choose Disk Utility
3. This will open the Disk Utility. MAKE SURE "JurassicPark100_Setup.dmg" is the file selected.

REPEATING. MAKE SURE "JurassicPark100_Setup.dmg" IS THE FILE SELECTED.

4. Hit the Convert button. It's on the top of the toolbar in the Disk Utility window.
5. Change the image format to "read only", choose a destination (I picked the Desktop), and hit "Save".
6. Click the new .dmg file you have created. JP will now mount, and you can drag the JP folder onto your computer as normal.

This fixed it for me, and JP is running great. Good luck!

Comments

• edited November 2011
    Doesn't help/work. Mounting was never the issue... downloads, mounts & "installs" just fine, it just crashes before ever launching. Are you running OSX 10.6 on your mac?
  • edited November 2011
    No. I did not upgrade to Lion yet. Can you post your system information for me? I want to see your processor, RAM, video and audio cards. I may be able to help you. Also, are you running it from a MacBook, a Pro, an Air, or a desktop, and what year.
    Thanks.

EDIT: I am running 10.6.8. I always forget that Lion is 10.7, my apologies.
  • edited November 2011
    Having issues as well, mounting and installing fine. When I try to launch the game it gives me an error message. Below is the report it generates

Process: JurassicPark100 [8344]
    Path: /Applications/JurassicPark100.app/Contents/MacOS/JurassicPark100
    Identifier: com.telltalegames.JurassicPark100
    Version: ??? (1.0)
    Code Type: X86 (Native)
    Parent Process: launchd [65]

Interval Since Last Report: 7501 sec
    Crashes Since Last Report: 2
    Per-App Interval Since Last Report: 8 sec
    Per-App Crashes Since Last Report: 2

Date/Time: 2011-11-16 18:32:52.478 +0300
    OS Version: Mac OS X 10.5.8 (9L31a)
    Report Version: 6
    Anonymous UUID: 80E84F00-D87D-40D5-AB78-2D83183A0351

Exception Type: EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
    Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000
    Crashed Thread: 0

Dyld Error Message:
    Symbol not found: __ZSt16__ostream_insertIcSt11char_traitsIcEERSt13basic_ostreamIT_T0_ES6_PKS3_i
    Referenced from: /Applications/JurassicPark100.app/Contents/MacOS/JurassicPark100
    Expected in: /usr/lib/libstdc++.6.dylib

Also to note, the application itself is missing an image, it just shows the generic mac application icon. Perhaps there is a problem with the download on the Telltale site itself? Corrupt or something?
  • edited November 2011
    It's not an issue with the file they provide- I got it to work after my workaround. Can you also give me a full system report? Click on the apple-shaped icon on the top toolbar and hit "About My Mac" and tell me the information it gives you.

Edit: Even though you're getting it to mount, try reformatting the JP .dmg as I explained. I don't think it has the correct format.
  • edited November 2011
    Right okay here's my info.

Mac OS X Version 10.5.8
    Processor 2.3 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Memory 2 GB 1067 Mhz DDR3
    Startup Disc: Hard Drive

Hopefully I can sort this out, rather looking forward to playing it.
  • edited November 2011
    Zero wrote: »
    Having issues as well, mounting and installing fine. When I try to launch the game it gives me an error message. Below is the report it generates

Process: JurassicPark100 [8344]
    Path: /Applications/JurassicPark100.app/Contents/MacOS/JurassicPark100
    Identifier: com.telltalegames.JurassicPark100
    Version: ??? (1.0)
    Code Type: X86 (Native)
    Parent Process: launchd [65]

Interval Since Last Report: 7501 sec
    Crashes Since Last Report: 2
    Per-App Interval Since Last Report: 8 sec
    Per-App Crashes Since Last Report: 2

Date/Time: 2011-11-16 18:32:52.478 +0300
    OS Version: Mac OS X 10.5.8 (9L31a)
    Report Version: 6
    Anonymous UUID: 80E84F00-D87D-40D5-AB78-2D83183A0351

Exception Type: EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
    Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000
    Crashed Thread: 0

Dyld Error Message:
    Symbol not found: __ZSt16__ostream_insertIcSt11char_traitsIcEERSt13basic_ostreamIT_T0_ES6_PKS3_i
    Referenced from: /Applications/JurassicPark100.app/Contents/MacOS/JurassicPark100
    Expected in: /usr/lib/libstdc++.6.dylib

Also to note, the application itself is missing an image, it just shows the generic mac application icon. Perhaps there is a problem with the download on the Telltale site itself? Corrupt or something?

Found your problem right away.

Did you read the JP system requirements? It needs X.6 (Snow Leopard) or higher to run. You're on X.5. Sorry. You'll want to upgrade to Snow Leopard.
  • edited November 2011
    Okay, Zero- your computer should play just fine after a Snow Leopard update. I think it's about 30$ USD, and Mac does still offer it even though the newest system version is Lion.
  • edited November 2011
    Oh buggeration, I'm currently In Saudi so I have no idea if I will be able to get it over here.

Oh well will have to have a look around. Thanks anyways everyone.
  • edited November 2011
    Hi everyone, I'm using 10.7.2 Lion and have downloaded the game a couple of times but when I try to open the dmg it claims that the "disk image couldn't be opened" "JurassicPark100_setup not recognized".

Disk Utility does not help to mount it, and the image could not be converted. Quite annoyed because I have a monthly download cap so this is costing me far more than it should. Can anyone help?
  • edited December 2011
    If you had trouble getting JP to mount on your Mac- I have a foolproof workaround!

PROBLEM: The JP .dmg file downloads perfectly fine on your computer, but when you click it, nothing happens.

3. This will open the Disk Utility. MAKE SURE "JurassicPark100_Setup.dmg" is the file selected.

4. Hit the Convert button. It's on the top of the toolbar in the Disk Utility window.
    5. Change the image format to "read only", choose a destination (I picked the Desktop), and hit "Save".
    6. Click the new .dmg file you have created. JP will now mount, and you can drag the JP folder onto your computer as normal.

On step 5, how do I change the image format?
  • edited December 2011
    On step 5, how do I change the image format?

Oops, I feel so dumb.
  • edited December 2011

About step 5, I've tried saving it on my Desktop and my Hard Drive but it says "Cannot allocate memory", when I know for a fact that I have enough memory! What's going on?!???????:confused:
This discussion has been closed.