Something going wrong here, or is it me?

edited November 2011 in Jurassic Park
Morning folks. Just getting a little frustrated here.
I've finally found a forum post explaining that the free game voucher I got when the game was delayed gets me the upgrade to a physical version so that bit's OK, but I've also just learned that pre-ordering the deluxe version gets a $10 discount.

Of course, that's pre-ordering before yesterday. I've only given the site cursory glances to see if the game's out yet, secure in the knowledge that I'd get an email if there were any other developments, such as a discount for pre-orders, so missed out on that deal. I definitely used to get emails like that - I've still got one telling me to get the DVD for Monkey Island.

Was there an email I should have got, or is it just tough luck for not fanatically pressing F5. I confess I did notice something about pre-ordering the deluxe version, but assumed (given the price and lack of a note about upgrading) that it was for people who hadn't already bought the game.

The other thing is tax. I've checked old invoices and there didn't used to be tax on the disc orders - I'm in the UK. There was a tax line on the invoice, but it said $0.00. Now I have to pay $10 in tax! OK, maybe that was a mistake before or maybe there are new regulations but it means that what would have been $21.14 on Monday (without tax) is now $41.14 - almost double. You see how it makes missing the $10 discount more frustrating...

Have I fallen off a mailing list somehow? I've checked the logs on my mailserver and spam filter and there's nothing from Telltale in the past month.

Grumble over. Mainly I'm excited to finally be able to play the game after such a long wait. When it's finished downloading, that is...

Comments

• edited November 2011
    there was an email which I received on 3rd nov which made reference to my previous pre-order which was refunded. It did mention about the $10 discount on a pre-order for the deluxe pack. I took up the offer as with my voucher it cost $5.00 & had to pay all up $21 shipped to australia.
  • edited November 2011
    plumgas wrote: »
    there was an email which I received on 3rd nov which made reference to my previous pre-order which was refunded. It did mention about the $10 discount on a pre-order for the deluxe pack. I took up the offer as with my voucher it cost $5.00 & had to pay all up $21 shipped to australia.

That's what I was expecting, hence not watching the site too closely - I knew the release date and that I'd get an email about anything else. Definitely no email here, so I've fallen off a list somehow.

As for $21 - that mean you had $0 tax? What about my fellow Britishers, what are your experiences?
  • edited November 2011
    Apparently an email was sent out to everyone else, so my spam filter is being blamed, server logs notwithstanding.

Very disappointing. Enjoying the game though.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.