Anyone else get repeating dialogue in Ep 1?

edited November 2011 in Jurassic Park
Hey guys. I've only played the game for five minutes but noticed something a bit strange.

Near the beginning where you are looking through the binoculars, the dialogue kept repeating. For example, I'd notice something and the characters would comment/a short cutscene would play. Then immediately afterwards, it would all repeat.

Has anybody else had this happen?

I also had the disappearing mouse cursor problem mentioned elsewhere in the forums and my Xbox 360 wireless controller wouldn't work at first. I quit and turned the controller off, then turned the controller back on and loaded the game, which seemed to make it work. However, the repeating dialogue is still happening and I'm not sure if it's my PC/the game?

UPDATE: The rest of Episode 1 seems fine so far!

Comments

• edited November 2011
    martymcfly wrote: »
    Hey guys. I've only played the game for five minutes but noticed something a bit strange.

Near the beginning where you are looking through the binoculars, the dialogue kept repeating. For example, I'd notice something and the characters would comment/a short cutscene would play. Then immediately afterwards, it would all repeat.

I also had the disappearing mouse cursor problem mentioned elsewhere in the forums and my Xbox 360 wireless controller wouldn't work at first. I quit and turned the controller off, then turned the controller back on and loaded the game, which seemed to make it work. However, the repeating dialogue is still happening and I'm not sure if it's my PC/the game?

Same problem here with the repeating dialog, but like you said, it's only in that scene.

I have bigger problem with weird sound sometimes and not spoken dialog lines. I'm playing with german language, so does this problem also exist in english?
  • edited November 2011
    RemDarlus wrote: »
    Same problem here with the repeating dialog, but like you said, it's only in that scene.

I have bigger problem with weird sound sometimes and not spoken dialog lines. I'm playing with german language, so does this problem also exist in english?

Hey RemDarlus, thanks for the reply. I also had weird sound sometimes too, with popping noises or what almost sounded like recording errors. However, I haven't had any missing spoken dialogue so far.
  • edited November 2011
    I'm playing the PS3 version and every single line of dialogue spoken gets repeated, broken off, or stutters. It's very annoying and I'm finding it difficult to continue playing if I can't get it fixed.
  • edited November 2011
    I checked the 2nd scenario in Episode I where Jess and Gerry Harding are overlooking the Triceratops pen:
    Repeated dialogue is common in this scenario and occured every time I tried this scenario. It always happened at the same time, so my guess this is a major bug.

It's glad, that in other scenarios this doesn't happen.
  • edited November 2011
    I had this "bug" in Ep2 - but I dont think its "supposed" to be a bug (if anything can be "supposed to be a bug")

I simply escaped it by pressing the right mouse button ;)
  • edited November 2011
    I also had this happen in that same spot in the first episode.
  • edited November 2011
    Thanks guys, glad to know it's not my computer's fault!
  • edited November 2011
    Also happens with me.
  • edited November 2011
    ive only played the first 15mins but i get the repeated dialogue and stuttering gameplay.
  • edited November 2011
    Astro Boy wrote: »
    ive only played the first 15mins but i get the repeated dialogue and stuttering gameplay.
    me too.. so annoying. This should have been dealt with before it was released.
  • edited November 2011
    martymcfly wrote: »

Same. I thought it was weird, but I'm sure they'll patch it.
  • edited November 2011
    It happened a couple times for me within the first few lines of dialogue then it was fine.
  • edited November 2011
    The same here...

TELLTALE - could you make some patch to repair this strange error? This repeating is irritaiting...
  • edited November 2011
    bump.. this is annoying. I get it too.
  • edited November 2011
    Johro wrote: »
    It happened a couple times for me within the first few lines of dialogue then it was fine.

same here.
  • edited November 2011
    patch yer game TellTale
Sign in to comment in this discussion.