My problems with the PlayStation 3 Version

edited November 2011 in Game Support
Okay, so I ended up buying Jurassic Park on the PS3, and not even 5 minutes in to it I am already having issues that are ruining my experience with the game. Right from the get go I noticed the DNA image wasn't moving during the loading process, and then when the title screen appeared the t-rex was lagging as it moved and there was also lagging/stuttering with its roar. Even when I navigated the main menu there was lag between button inputs and what was happening on the screen. After eventually getting the settings how I wanted, I finally started the game. From there it seemed to be running smoothly, but multiple times there was lag between camera cuts and the sound would either lag or break off.

I completed the opening scene and got to the part where the man and his daughter are talking and there was some extremely laggy sound output. They start speaking a line or part of a sentence and it repeats that word/phrase over and over before continuing the rest of the line or just totally cutting off the sound, and this pretty much happened on every spoken line of dialogue. At that point I just turned off the game because I didn't want to continue playing as all this stuttering/lagging was ruining my experience and I'd rather not play any further until I can have the issues resolved. I noticed quite a few times "SAVING" would appear in the bottom right corner of the screen, so I wonder if maybe that is part of the problem. Please tell me a patch is in the works or there is something I can do to remedy these issues I'm having? I really want to play this game, but it's hard to enjoy when it isn't running smoothly. :(

I'll say it again, this is the PS3 version I am playing.

EDIT: Ahh crap, it appears I have posted this in the wrong section. Will a mod please move it to the Game Support section?

Comments

• edited November 2011
    Yeah my PSN version is bugged as hell. Uhmmm maybe this is exactly why TellTale should've released a F**KING HARD COPY FOR PS3! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
  • edited November 2011
    Reznor2112 wrote: »
    Yeah my PSN version is bugged as hell. Uhmmm maybe this is exactly why TellTale should've released a F**KING HARD COPY FOR PS3! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I don't think streaming it off of a slower Blu-ray would be better than the hard drive. Those issues are probably unrelated to it being released on PSN.
  • edited November 2011
    Agreed, the PS3 version of the game was a disaster. Has most of the problems the PC release had, but so far Telltale has seemingly ignored the console release. As a first time buyer, this doesnt really sit well with me and quite frankly for a game with this level of graphics to glitch up on a console when other games that are a lot more "system intensive" puts into question the amount of playtesting and optimization Telltale performed on this game.

I also have to wonder what the heck is up with the four seperate games. Really? It would have been one thing if they were going to do a Back to the Future thing where they release one game a month (even then I would argue it would have been easier to just patch the new content in rather than create an entirely separate game), but when your going to sell all the chapters together right off the bat is it really THAT difficult to make it one game?

That said I have to agree that the problems that the PS3 release is showing are not something being put on a disk would fix. I also think for a developer (especially a small one) this is the perfect opportunity to show off the kind of dilligence and pride they take in their games that larger developers seldom have (who often tend to sweep the games under the rug and pretend they never happened). I hope that Telltale is able to get a performance patch out for all the PS3 and 360 players quickly to address the major issues as I really dont want to regret putting out $30.
This discussion has been closed.