Problems installing Jurassic Park on Mac

edited November 2011 in Jurassic Park
After the completion of the download, I placed the dmg setup file in 'applications' as you're supposed to do with all mac programs but when i went to open it, it said the file could not be recognised. I tried opening it in disk utility but that didn't help, wondering if anyone else has the same problem, or if anyone's found the solution.

Comments

• edited November 2011
    Yep! There is already a workaround in the Support forum. Look for the Mac JP sticky. Yo were right in going to Disk Utililiy, but you need to take an extra step once you are in there. Try my way and see if it works.
  • edited November 2011
    What's a JP sticky and where can I find this support forum? If you're saying that this 'sticky' thing comes WITH the dmg file, not IN it then my download must be missing something cause all i got was the dmg setup file.

P.S. thanks for the reply :)
  • edited November 2011
    Ah, sorry. A sticky is a kind of forum thread. I'll just link you to it. Tell me if it helps you.

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27359
  • edited November 2011
    thanks for the link, i followed this procedure and it still came up with the 'doesn't recognise this file' response. i've just realised that i haven't updated my macs software in a while, do you think this could have any affect on it? Anyways i'm doing the updates now and hopefully they give me something. Otherwise in the mean time, do you have any other suggestions?? I'm just sooo keen to play this game!!
  • edited November 2011
    Like I posted in the other thread, system information is much appreciated.
  • edited November 2011
    Okay well the system update didn't make any difference. Well I don't know the system information very well but it's a macbook pro, was a new model when i got it in June last year but i live in Australia so i'm not sure if we're delayed compared to you guys. Hope that helps.
  • edited November 2011
    Kikstar92 wrote: »
    Okay well the system update didn't make any difference. Well I don't know the system information very well but it's a macbook pro, was a new model when i got it in June last year but i live in Australia so i'm not sure if we're delayed compared to you guys. Hope that helps.

Nope, a Mac is a Mac. Do me a favor. Click the Apple icon on the top toolbar, and click on "About this Mac".

Tell me EXACTLY what it says. That will help me a LOT.
  • edited November 2011
    Okay did that and this is what it says:

Mac OS X
    Version 10.6.8
    Processor 2.53 GHz Intel Core i5
    Memory 4GB 1067 MHz DDR3
    Startup Disk Macintosh HD
  • edited November 2011
    That's odd. Your system LOOKS like you should be able to handle it, no problem. I'll pass this on to one of the Telltale employees and have them look at it.
  • edited November 2011
    Thanks for your help, appreciate it
  • edited November 2011
    Still can't install the dmg file, have any ideas yet?
  • edited December 2011
    I think I have this same problem but all of this computer talk is confusing me!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.