Audio Pop on Xbox 360

edited November 2011 in Jurassic Park
Just wanted to report an audio glitch on the 360 version of this game. I'm getting a audio pop occasionally during dialogue, for example someone will be talking and their voice will get incredibly loud for a split second, usually with a little crackling/popping. It isn't ruining the game or anything, but it is pretty annoying... No idea what the chances are of this getting patched, but it would be nice if it was fixed.

Other than that, everything else is working perfectly. Its an awesome game for any JP fan!

Comments

• edited November 2011
    same here and also will updates be available through live for the game???
  • edited November 2011
    same here. its a little annoying, hope they fix it
  • edited November 2011
    Anyone else? It would be really awesome if this was fixed, then it would be perfect. What do you say Telltale?
  • PatPat
    edited November 2011
    Also happens for me on the PC version... W7/64 Creative X-fi Titanium.
  • edited November 2011
    Also happens for me on PC. Especially with the german voices, but sometimes also with the english ones.
  • edited November 2011
    Same issue with the Mac version.
  • edited November 2011
    So perhaps its just a general game issue, not something Xbox specific. I know I am using optical audio with a 5.1 system. How about you guys, are using TV speakers / Computer speakers in stereo or also using a surround sound setup?
  • PatPat
    edited November 2011
    5.1 via optical. Sound pops with and without DTS encoding.
  • edited November 2011
    Ps3 for me, and as well as voice popping it also distorts like crazy! Seriously, the voice quality is my ONLY complaint about TellTales last 2 games. It's even worse in Jurassic park too. Winds me up cuz I would have though voice quality would be pretty easy for them to get right. Really takes me out of the game. I'm hoping for a patch but I won't hold my breath as bttf never got 1. Other than that, LOVE the games TT!
  • edited November 2011
    Pat wrote: »
    5.1 via optical. Sound pops with and without DTS encoding.

Maybe its a 5.1 thing? When I do a second play through, I'll play on stereo and see if the popping remains.

Out of all things, I think these audio glitches are *hopefully* the thing they will patch. I'm sure its an easy fix, more so than graphics anyway.
  • edited November 2011
    TP3D wrote: »
    Maybe its a 5.1 thing? When I do a second play through, I'll play on stereo and see if the popping remains.

Out of all things, I think these audio glitches are *hopefully* the thing they will patch. I'm sure its an easy fix, more so than graphics anyway.

Don't think its 5.1, i get it on PC as well, creative x-fi soundcard, playing with headphones.
  • edited November 2011
    Yes, I have a feeling this isn't an isolated incident. I'm getting pretty significant pops on mine too, with on my i7 860, GeForce GTS 250, X-Fi Titanium HD PC playing only in stereo. I REALLY doubt it's lack of hardware. :(

It's really my only complaint about the game thus far in my playthrough, so any patch or workaround that is developed would go a long way in improving things in my book!
  • edited November 2011
    I've done multiple playthoughs, and have concluded it has nothing to do with setups or hardware, it is the game. The sound pop happens in the same dialouge, same place, everytime. Not sure if that means its a problem with actual audio file, or just the way the game plays it back. Its juts minor in some places, but very bad in others.

I'm really hoping Telltale acknowledges this and is working on fixing it. Its hard to recommend a game that has a glitch like this.
  • edited November 2011
    I'm glad TP3D created a thread for this. I was just thinking: I LOVE this game, but my only complaint is the audio. I've gotten used to it, but when I first started playing I was like: Agh... please, audio, just settle down.

If they could fix the dialogue pops that would be awesome! :)

NOTE TO TELLTALE IF THEY EVER FIX THIS: It's not just the dialogue that should be fixed (although that is the most important section). Whenever a new scene starts, or the intense "you gotta be ready for anything" moment ends, the music and occasionally sfx just instantly cut out, stop, or switch to something else. It's all actiony and then BAM! peaceful music with no transition. If they could fix the pop issue of the dialogue, and smoother audial transitions between scenes, I will be a happy gamer. :D
  • edited November 2011
    I think the transitions and hanging audio there is probably more of a loading thing, not as easily fixed. I agree that it would be nice if they were addressed, but that might be asking for too much on their end. It seems lit has to do with scene to scene loading and data streaming, which all that is controlled by the core game engine. Might even be impossible to fix/patch.

The popping and volume spikes, however, are hopefully just a glitch... Something that can be addressed.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.