Is the game playable by mouse only?

edited November 2011 in Jurassic Park
I am physically disabled and use a SmartNav head tracking mouse. I am unable to use the keyboard, so I was wondering if the game is playable by mouse only like Sam and Max, for example?

Comments

• edited November 2011
    This game plays very differently from other Telltale games. It relies a lot on quick and repeated button pressing, sometimes more than one at a time. I haven't tried with just a mouse, but I assume it this applies to all control schemes. This may not be the game for you.

edit: I just tried it out and it seems that you need the keyboard as well, even in the non-action scenes.
  • edited November 2011
    I'm sorry, but I've not found any options to do that. I'm not familiar with that mouse, but perhaps you can customize the arrow keys to work with that mouse (like an alternative click)?
  • edited November 2011
    Hmm, not sounding positive. So the control scheme requires pressing different keys repeatedly and quickly, including the arrow keys?
  • edited November 2011
    dkehler wrote: »
    Hmm, not sounding positive. So the control scheme requires pressing different keys repeatedly and quickly, including the arrow keys?

Yes. In exploration scenes you pan around the environment with the arrow keys and use the cursor to select items. In action scenes you have to do things like quickly press an arrow key within one or two seconds or repeatedly press one of them. If you're too slow, you fail. Sometimes in these action scenes you also need to use the mouse to click and pull in a direction, also within a short amount of time.
  • edited November 2011
    Okay, thanks for the information, people. Unfortunately, I don't think I would be able to work with that control scheme. Good to know though.
  • Sinaz20Sinaz20 Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2011
    dkehler, I've brought this thread to the team's attention. I don't know that there is anything we can actually do to expand the accessibility for you-- but I've been doing some research into alternate 3rd party solutions--

Do you suppose this software might help?

(voice to keystroke software)
    http://games.softpedia.com/get/Tools/Keystroke.shtml
  • edited November 2011
    Sinaz20 wrote: »
    dkehler, I've brought this thread to the team's attention. I don't know that there is anything we can actually do to expand the accessibility for you-- but I've been doing some research into alternate 3rd party solutions--

Do you suppose this software might help?

(voice to keystroke software)
    http://games.softpedia.com/get/Tools/Keystroke.shtml

Thanks for alerting the team to the accessibility issue. I already use Dragon NaturallySpeaking for "typing" and in certain games for the odd keystroke, but I'm not sure that even a voice macro would help, from the sounds of things. It would be far too difficult to press certain keys by voice very quickly in an action sequence, for example. And if you knew in advance what keys were needed to be pressed and in what exact order, you could probably make a macro, but that would be kind of like just having the game play itself, which wouldn't be all that fun.
  • edited November 2011
    From reading the forums it seems that people who bought the JP blu-ray get the first episode for free. Maybe some nice person who reads this and bought both the game and the movie trilogy can give you their code for the first ep so that you can try it and see how it works.
  • edited November 2011
    louiedog wrote: »
    From reading the forums it seems that people who bought the JP blu-ray get the first episode for free. Maybe some nice person who reads this and bought both the game and the movie trilogy can give you their code for the first ep so that you can try it and see how it works.

While I would certainly appreciate such a gesture, I also wouldn't want them to waste it on me, considering what I have learned in this thread. I believe I have enough information to conclude that I would not be able to play the game successfully as it is right now.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.