Problems installing JP

edited November 2011 in Jurassic Park
Hey, guys.

I downloaded JP the game, then when it finished, i clicked on the setup then it takes me into WinZip and there's a couple of files including "JurassicPark100_setup.exe" I clicked on that because I assumed that's how you install it. I installed it, then when I try to play the game, it says "error: could not load game data. Make sure you are running the application from the directory it was installed too"

I'm sure this is an error on my end, but some help would be great if anyone knows what went wrong.

Thanks!

Comments

• edited November 2011
    have you unpacked the game to your HD as you cant install a game from a zip file it needs a physical file to install from
  • edited November 2011
    You lost me. Mind telling me how to do that?
  • edited November 2011
    after opening the Zipfile using winzip or whatever package you use, you then need to unpack it to your HD normally a little arrow button that says unpack save it to your desired location on your HD and then click the install button once the game has unpacked fully
  • edited November 2011
    So unzip it to my desktop basically?
  • edited November 2011
    yes thats fine, then you should be able to install it from there, any more probs im online for another 20 mins let me know
  • edited November 2011
    REALLY appreciate the help man.

Thanks a million!
  • edited November 2011
    No problems im still dl my copy of JP only taken 13hrs so far nother 11 to go so anything to pass the time lol
Sign in to comment in this discussion.