[JP] Need help

edited November 2011 in Game Support
Ok afetr I installed the game I got a popup which said "Could not load game data! Make sure you are running the game from the directory it was installed to." after clicking Ok it said "Unfortunaly this error can not be recovered." is there away to fix this?

Comments

• edited November 2011
    Try INSTALLING it under as administrator. It's what I did when I had that problem and it worked for me. Maybe it will work for you too
  • edited November 2011
    How do you do that?
  • edited November 2011
    I extracted to My Documents and right clicked on the game file and selected as administrator.
  • edited November 2011
    Didn't work.
  • edited November 2011
    I'm sorry it didn't work :( I hope you can find a solution soon
  • edited November 2011
    Thanks i'm really annoyed about this. :/
  • edited November 2011
    You are fully extracting the files from the ZIP file before running the installer, correct?
  • edited November 2011
    You are fulling extracting the files from the ZIP file before running the installer, correct?

Edit:Never mind
  • edited November 2011
    DP:Is it the files in the Compresed Folder?
  • edited November 2011
    I had the same problem. I figured out that it was downloading from the site to my winzip app. So I removed Winzip from my computer on a temporary basis and let it extract straight to my computer.
  • edited November 2011
    Mike55 wrote: »
    DP:Is it the files in the Compresed Folder?

It's not actually a folder - it's a zip file. You'll need to fully extract those files before running the installer. You may want to try installing a program called Winrar to do it. It can be downloaded via the link below.

http://www.win-rar.com/download.html
  • edited November 2011
    It's not actually a folder - it's a zip file. You'll need to fully extract those files before running the installer. You may want to try installing a program called Winrar to do it. It can be downloaded via the link below.

http://www.win-rar.com/download.html

Ok I downloaded it. What should I do next?
  • edited November 2011
    You'll need to install Winrar and use it to extract the contents of the zip file. Winrar is fairly straight forward. Typically, you can just right-click the zip file and then click Extract Files.
  • edited November 2011
    You'll need to install Winrar and use it to extract the contents of the zip file. Winrar is fairly straight forward. Typically, you can just right-click the zip file and then click Extract Files.

Winrar itself isn't working well. It is saying that the files are corrupt. I have tried reinstalling it and have gotten the same thing.
  • edited November 2011
    If you're having issues installing Winrar itself, I can't offer you any assistance there. I'm not clear on if you're having issues installing it or if Winrar is giving you errors on the Jurassic Park zip file, though. Please clarify.
  • edited November 2011
    If you're having issues installing Winrar itself, I can't offer you any assistance there. I'm not clear on if you're having issues installing it or if Winrar is giving you errors on the Jurassic Park zip file, though. Please clarify.

Hmmm I have seem to have lost the compontents folder i'll re-install it.
  • edited November 2011
    DP:Ok I did it and the same thing is happening. :/
  • edited November 2011
    Please walk me through exactly what you're doing with the zip file you downloaded from us, so I can have a better idea of what's happening.
  • edited November 2011
    TP:I downloaded what was in the four compressed folders. Same thing happened. Only things which didn't install where the localized languages and some mouse controls.
  • edited November 2011
    So anyone ese who can help me? If i doesn't wrok i'm just going to get a refund. :/
  • edited November 2011
    Hi,

I asked you to walk me through exactly what you were doing with the zip file, and didn't get a response. Your post directly after mine didn't seem to be in reply to me, and if it was, I'm not following what your issue is. I need you to tell me exactly, step by step, what you're doing with that file. The only reason you would get that error is if you're not extracting the contents of the zip prior to installation.

Thanks,
    Mike
  • edited November 2011
    Hi,

I asked you to walk me through exactly what you were doing with the zip file, and didn't get a response. Your post directly after mine didn't seem to be in reply to me, and if it was, I'm not following what your issue is. I need you to tell me exactly, step by step, what you're doing with that file. The only reason you would get that error is if you're not extracting the contents of the zip prior to installation.

Thanks,
    Mike

Ok I brought the files to WinRAR to extract for me I highlited them and then told WinRAR to extract them to the specified folder. I repeate the proceses for the other three. After that I clicked on them in the setup folder. They had isses installing with error messages popping up.
  • edited November 2011
    The other three what? There's only one zip file.

You need to extract the full contents of the zip file that you downloaded from us. The name of that file is JurassicPark100_Setup.zip. Once the files are extracted to the folder of your choice, you will need to run the JurassicPark100_Setup.exe file to install the game. You should not be trying to install from any other files.
  • edited November 2011
    The other three what? There's only one zip file.

You need to extract the full contents of the zip file that you downloaded from us. The name of that file is JurassicPark100_Setup.zip. Once the files are extracted to the folder of your choice, you will need to run the JurassicPark100_Setup.exe file to install the game. You should not be trying to install from any other files.

I did exactly what you said and I still got the message.
  • edited November 2011
    What message and at what point in the installation?
  • edited November 2011
    What message and at what point in the installation?

The message I said I was getting at the beggining of the Thread. This is happening when i'm trying to play the game. The instillation is succesful but it won't let me play the game.
  • edited November 2011
    That error indicates it wasn't installed correctly. The only reason you would get that error is if you ran the installer without extracting the files first.

I'm going to give you step by step instructions on this, and I'll try to keep it as simple as possible. I know you're frustrated, and I want to get you past this.

1: Uninstall your current broken installation of the game. You can do this by clicking the Start menu, and then clicking Control Panel. From the Control Panel, click Add or Remove Programs, find Jurassic Park on the list, and uninstall it.

2: If you haven't already installed WinRAR as I instructed you to do earlier in the thread, do it now.

3: Right-click the JurassicPark100_Setup.zip. This is the file you downloaded from the Your Games section of this site. Click Extract Here. This will automatically extract the files to wherever you downloaded the zip file.

4: The extraction may take a minute or two to complete. Once it has, double click JurassicPark100_Setup.exe and install the game. This file's icon will be a Jurassic Park logo.

5: Once the installation is complete, you should have a Jurassic Park The Game icon on your desktop. You need to double click this to run the game. Don't touch any of the files used for installation at this point, unless it's to delete them.

Please follow these instructions exactly and let me know if you're having any further issues.
  • edited November 2011
    That error indicates it wasn't installed correctly. The only reason you would get that error is if you ran the installer without extracting the files first.

I'm going to give you step by step instructions on this, and I'll try to keep it as simple as possible. I know you're frustrated, and I want to get you past this.

1: Uninstall your current broken installation of the game. You can do this by clicking the Start menu, and then clicking Control Panel. From the Control Panel, click Add or Remove Programs, find Jurassic Park on the list, and uninstall it.

2: If you haven't already installed WinRAR as I instructed you to do earlier in the thread, do it now.

3: Right-click the JurassicPark100_Setup.zip. This is the file you downloaded from the Your Games section of this site. Click Extract Here. This will automatically extract the files to wherever you downloaded the zip file.

4: The extraction may take a minute or two to complete. Once it has, double click JurassicPark100_Setup.exe and install the game. This file's icon will be a Jurassic Park logo.

5: Once the installation is complete, you should have a Jurassic Park The Game icon on your desktop. You need to double click this to run the game. Don't touch any of the files used for installation at this point, unless it's to delete them.

Please follow these instructions exactly and let me know if you're having any further issues.

I did exactly what you said and got the same message. Could I just get money back.
  • edited November 2011
    PM me your order number, please.
This discussion has been closed.