Game loads to black screen w/sound : Mac : Started after resolution change

edited November 2011 in Jurassic Park
Games was running fine and I exited out. Went back in and the game loads to a black screen with all the audio. I can move the mouse and hear when it runs over the menu options. If i try Command - F to switch to windowed mode to change the resolution I get a fatal crash error. I didn't change the resolution to one my monitor couldn't handle. In fact I changed it lower to 1024x768 to see if it helped the frame rate. Ran fine till I quit. Also have tried looking for a running process and have restarted the computer. On a restart it auto launches the game to black screen.

Thanks for any help

:updates and more info:

1: It seems to be bypassing the username and login screen altogether at launch before the jump to black.

Comments

• edited November 2011
    So I figured it out, or I lucked out.

I tried just about everything, changing rez from sys prefs, checked my video drivers, read through forums.

I even started downloading the .dmg file for a replacment of the .app.

I decided to try once more.

Went to: sys prefs>displays>
    I detected my monitor (which i didn't do in my trouble shooting) and had it display the rez changer on the OsX menu bar.

Also Command - F doesn't crash the game anymore.

Booted the game and it was resolved. Not sure what triggered it but resolved issue.

I changed the resolution a few times during play and exited and returned to the game multiple times and it worked. Not sure what triggered this but detect the display seems to fix
Sign in to comment in this discussion.