Very Disappointed!

edited November 2011 in Jurassic Park
I'd just like to say that so far I'm very disappointed with my purchase of the Jurassic Park game. Not the gameplay, but the game itself refuses to install on my mac. I installed it on my brothers pc and the game works but very poorly. Delays are frequent and the load procedure does not work properly. This is the first time I've bought something from Telltale Games and it has been nothing but trouble thus far and according to many other threads, I am not the only one. In fact, i think I'm part of the majority. I paid $50 for this game and not been able to play it at all so far. If anyone agrees with what I've said, please share cause the more complaints, the better!

Comments

• edited November 2011
    dude... it's a mac. What where you honestly expecting?
  • edited November 2011
    You DID click to install the mac version on your mac computer right? and not the PC version? and it sounds like you are having graphics problems, try lowering the settings. Worked perfectly fine for me on my laptop. I don't see why a desktop computer would be having problems.
  • edited November 2011
    No problems running or installing on my iMac.
    Try to install once again..
  • edited November 2011
    yes i clicked to install the mac version, 110% sure...i have a macbook pro, my brother has an older, less advanced dell laptop which it 'works' on but very poorly...Just tried installing it again on my mac, waited 2 hours, it finished, then it says the download has been 'interrupted' aka it doesn't work...
  • edited November 2011
    Oh okay, I just saw your other thread. Have you emailed support@telltalegames.com yet? If not, I would. and include your issue, your email address used to place the order(or your order number) and your system specs you put in the other thread.
  • edited November 2011
    No I haven't emailed them yet cause the guy on my other thread said he'd take it up with someone from telltale games. But thanks for the link cause I think I'll go ahead and send an email
  • edited November 2011
    Yeah I saw that and they're usually pretty fast at responding...Staff have been sitting on this forum the past 2 days helping people. They might have missed it or the 1 or 2 that saw it didnt have an answer. At least in email form, it can be passed around easier if they need to.
  • edited November 2011
    yeah they were very fast yesterday but over the past 24 hours i haven't received any help. Just thought I'd make this thread to catch their attention because I'm so keen to play this game, properly!
  • edited November 2011
    I'll pop in here. I did pass it along, but there are other people who are having trouble too. It's always a good idea to send out an email yourself, sometimes messages get lost in the pile. Kikstar, I hope it gets fixed soon!

On an unrelated note, I'm a girl, not a guy. :-)
  • edited November 2011
    Ah awesome thanks very much! Yes I've sent the email and its been confirmed, just gotta wait for the personal one. Ohhh crap very sorry, MISS!!
  • edited November 2011
    it's a mac, problem solved.
  • edited November 2011
    it's a mac, problem solved.

Seriously you two, enough trolling. It's not funny, particularly when it's at the expense of someone having a problem.
  • edited November 2011
    I'm a Mac user (Snow Leopard) and it installed for me without having to do anything to the .dmg, but there is a known issue and a fix for the Mac installer on the support forum.
  • edited November 2011
    Actually MOST complaints have been hardware issues and not software.. Telltale games can not be responsible for what types of computers people use and they do provide minimum requirements so people should not be surprised when their computer is not up to it.
  • edited November 2011
    Same here, I simply opened the DMG and dragged it to the Applications folder and that was it. (Aside, will we see this game on the Mac App Store? Surely that would help them shift a ton of copies)

From the sounds of it the downloads are possibly stopping early and a download manager would help.
  • edited November 2011

Thanks for this constructive post. [/IRONY]
  • edited November 2011
    I don't mind the gibes directed at Macs guys, but if anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated!! The current status of my download is that when i try to place it in 'applications' from the 'downloads' folder, the icon doesn't change which is what usually happens, something to do with 'unpackaging' or something. so then i try to open it normally and it says it doesn't recognise it. Then i tried opening with disk utility and tried 'converting' it there but that ended up with the same outcome...I'm open to ANY suggestions!
  • edited November 2011
    Kikstar92 wrote: »
    I don't mind the gibes directed at Macs guys, but if anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated!! The current status of my download is that when i try to place it in 'applications' from the 'downloads' folder, the icon doesn't change which is what usually happens, something to do with 'unpackaging' or something. so then i try to open it normally and it says it doesn't recognise it. Then i tried opening with disk utility and tried 'converting' it there but that ended up with the same outcome...I'm open to ANY suggestions!

It's midnight where I live, but I think I know what's wrong, now that i have
    more info. I'll try to replicate your problem in the morning and see if I can find a solution for you.

It is likely to be a problem with the way your computer is unzipping the file.
  • edited November 2011
    It's midnight where I live, but I think I know what's wrong, now that i have
    more info. I'll try to replicate your problem in the morning and see if I can find a solution for you.

It is likely to be a problem with the way your computer is unzipping the file.

Thanks a lot, appreciate it!
  • edited November 2011
    All fixed!! thanks a lot anyways guys! Got help from the telltales support crew and the only problem was with the browser. I was using google chrome originally, changed to safari, worked perfectly!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.