Jurassic Park The Lost World The Game would be cool

edited November 2011 in Jurassic Park
It could be like JP:The Game: Some InGen Workers survived in the field where the raptors killed many of Ludlows people. They have to find another way to get off the island and work together. Just like JP:TG but with more controlls over the characters and to decide if characters can survive or not. What do you think?

Comments

• edited November 2011
    Would this be in the novel universe or the film universe?
  • edited November 2011
    Film Universe. Since JP:TG takes place in the film universe
  • edited November 2011
    I believe the game could've been both...if I'm not mistaken, they don't mention any of the inconsistencies do they? The book ends with
    them blowing up the island..and the game leads into that
  • edited November 2011
    yah the game may lead into it but to me its more of a........ choose your own ending.... not with the game per say but i mean.... well with me i like 2 think isla nublar still exists, mind u i am a fan of the novels but i still love the idea and 2nd in the films and comics universal paid ppl 2 make the island survives..... and hammond did become an enviromentalist so couldve changed his mind 2.... idk thats just me
  • Sinaz20Sinaz20 Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2011
    I like to think the island is spared at the last minute, too.
  • edited November 2011
    Sinaz20 wrote: »
    I like to think the island is spared at the last minute, too.

mmmaybe sequel material lol
  • edited November 2011
    Film Universe. Since JP:TG takes place in the film universe

Visually, of course, but, since I haven't played any of the game past the prologue, is there anything story-wise that's more in-line with the books?
  • edited November 2011
    A more obvious JPTLW:TG plot line (I think) would be set just after JP:TG Sorna gets the word its being shut down, a Dr. Sorkin fan uses her research to negate the lysine contingency but gets interrupted and has a bit of a scuffle resulting in a few knocked out people and somewhere else on the island some ppl are having a safari weekend/outfield study in a region herbivores are kept in and their radio broke.
    Flash forward like a day, everything been shut down and they are left behind.
    Ensue escape adventure plus this would lead into 2 things nicely (assuming the dr. sorkin fan party dies)
    1) establishing a better reason why the dino's survived through to jp2 and jp3
    2) setting up reasons why the power is still working in jp2 (these ppl turned it bk on) and why some things (eg cars etc) seem to be strewn about in an abandoned manor rather than neatly stored (afterall sorna wasn't exactly a rush evaucation!

Oh and via dialogue and quarantine pens etc it could nicely build in lots of new dinos and explain the spinos etc. like perhaps sorkins fan misabelled the spinos intentionally so they weren't culled after being deemed too large or dangerous. Could have a pen of earlier version raptors that were meant to be culled that have the feathers and are smarter (like the ones in jp3) to explain that difference away
  • edited November 2011
    xbskid wrote: »
    Visually, of course, but, since I haven't played any of the game past the prologue, is there anything story-wise that's more in-line with the books?

Not really, they touch briefly on the science involved and the Costa Rican government, stuff that was better explained in the books and mostly left out of the movie. However, as I stated above, I don't think there's anything that contradicts the books. (minor spoiler)
    Hammond and Muldoon's
    fates aren't brought up either. To be honest, I kind of liked that. I liked the books better anyway.
  • edited November 2011
    It isnt a bad idea at all. Then after making that game they should make a episodic game for the third movie!
  • edited November 2011
    Joel1202 wrote: »
    It isnt a bad idea at all. Then after making that game they should make a episodic game for the third movie!

I think an episodic game for the third movie would suck. Not because the third film wasn´t as good as the first and second but because if they would make a second game it takes place on Island Sorna. So the third has also to take place on Site B. It would be boring because we´ve discovered the most parts of the island in the second game.
  • edited November 2011
    If there was a LW game I think it would be best to have it set before the events of the book/movie and after this last game.. It would be about the employees there finding out all hell has broken loose on the other island..

If one island only had two people running the geothermal generator the same is probably true for the other island and that is what could go wrong.
  • edited November 2011
    It could be like JP:The Game: Some InGen Workers survived in the field where the raptors killed many of Ludlows people. They have to find another way to get off the island and work together. Just like JP:TG but with more controlls over the characters and to decide if characters can survive or not. What do you think?

I posted this idea on another thred. Damn. I thought I was original.

#Frownieface

But I still like it. Or, it could be say someone left something (A BARBASOL CAN :D?) and they have to go an retrieve it..? Nah. No one would ever risk their life for 'shaving cream' and such.

Hmm... TellTale if you ever decide to do a sequel...

... We will all support youuu! :D
Sign in to comment in this discussion.