Jurassic Park on 3DS

edited November 2011 in Jurassic Park
After playing the game and owning a 3DS, I realized how cool it would be on the 3DS! Dinosaurs jump at you in 3D!
The controls are perfect, A, B, X, and Y are for Quick Time Events.
Gyro Controls/Circle Pad for moving the Camera.
D-Pad for changing locations.
C'mon TellTale! Make this happen!

Comments

• edited November 2011
    this would be awesome!
  • edited November 2011
    I would buy that.
  • edited November 2011
    id love it
  • edited November 2011
    I'd buy that too. And that would make a grand total of, what, three 3DS games in existence worth spending money on? :p
  • edited November 2011
    Sounds great.

Let me buy a 3DS first.
  • edited November 2011
    I'd buy it as well, for the record.
  • edited November 2011
    I'd buy that too. And that would make a grand total of, what, three 3DS games in existence worth spending money on? :p

Since the 3DS is so new, and barely has any games, Nintendo would endorse the s**t out of it. They advertise so many games on 3DS! They'd have a section on the Nintendo Show 3D all about it!

It has to have crossed the developers' minds at some point.
  • edited November 2011
    id buy a 3ds just for this game alone
  • edited November 2011
    Would also be nice if they made a custom 3ds with a paintjob similar to what this guy wants to do with his xbox http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27156&highlight=jurassic+park+xbox

would solve my problem of having no current 3ds color i like :P
  • edited November 2011
    Jurassic Park can already be played in 3D, why not port it?
  • edited November 2011
    I'd be fascinated to play a Telltale game on the 3DS, any Telltale game. Jurassic Park actually makes the most sense as you wouldn't need to move the visuals to the touch screen to explore, which would naturally defeat the purpose of playing the game on a 3DS.

Also, there's likely be a good market as the 3DS isn't exactly flooded with quality games ATM.
  • edited November 2011
    Woodsyblue wrote: »
    I'd be fascinated to play a Telltale game on the 3DS, any Telltale game. Jurassic Park actually makes the most sense as you wouldn't need to move the visuals to the touch screen to explore, which would naturally defeat the purpose of playing the game on a 3DS.

Also, there's likely be a good market as the 3DS isn't exactly flooded with quality games ATM.

That, sadly, would be part of the problem. Not many people are really going to rush out to buy a 3DS for Jurassic Park. If they haven't bought it for Mario or Zelda, then I doubt dinos and QTE's are going to win them over. I enjoyed the game, but it doesn't exactly scream system-seller.
  • edited November 2011
    I didn't mean it would be system seller. It more a case of the people who already own the system looking for games to play that would be worth their time. And there is a hell of a lot worse on the 3DS right now than Jurassic Park.
  • edited November 2011
    Woodsyblue wrote: »
    I didn't mean it would be system seller. It more a case of the people who already own the system looking for games to play that would be worth their time. And there is a hell of a lot worse on the 3DS right now than Jurassic Park.

I will agree with that, but by that logic...it should be on the Wii too. God knows that with Skyward Sword out, the Wii is going to die slowly unless Nintendo has an ace up their sleeve.
  • edited November 2011
    My only concern with that is, is the Wii powerful enough? I mean it could barely handle ToMI, though admittedly that was hampered by Nintendo's restrictive download limits. I hear the disc versions of Sam & Max seasons one and two were buggy as hell too. Jurassic Park was made with the 360 and PS3 in mind, though it hardly pushed either of those systems to the limit.
  • edited November 2011
    It'd probably be a graphically toned down version, like the Wii version of Back to the Future.
  • edited November 2011
    The Wii got BttF? I didn't even know :o

Oh well, I'd still like to see a Telltale game in 3D. (I've got the 3D screenshots someone put up a while ago of older Telltale games and they're too teasing to resist.)
  • edited November 2011
    I want the game in 3D! I mean, $8 on the eShop for a 3D game? I'll buy it! I have a lot of DSiWare stuff I bought just cause my 3DS was empty.
  • edited November 2011
    I doubt it would be $8.00 for the whole game, maybe $8.00 an episode and that's if they did go with a digital release rather than a physical one.
  • edited November 2011
    Theres already a dinosaur game on the 3ds and the system in question is doing shaky at best with many poor sales,nintendo is actually in the red this year,also since it would be an actual physical game it means going out and being sold in places like gamestop,however gamestop has declared sales of jurassic park the game have been low.
  • edited November 2011
    Theres already a dinosaur game on the 3ds and the system in question is doing shaky at best with many poor sales,nintendo is actually in the red this year,also since it would be an actual physical game it means going out and being sold in places like gamestop,however gamestop has declared sales of jurassic park the game have been low.

Nintendo isn't in the red because of poor sales of the 3DS. Try looking at the actual numbers. The 3DS is selling more units than the DS from what I read. The problem is that Nintendo IS taking a loss on the 3DS per unit sold AND they're sinking money into R&D for the Wii U. Nintendo is also being hurt by the strong value of the yen compared to overseas currency like the dollar. Weak dollar doesn't convert to nearly as much yen, so Nintendo shows a loss.
  • edited November 2011
    Nintendo isn't in the red because of poor sales of the 3DS. Try looking at the actual numbers. The 3DS is selling more units than the DS from what I read. The problem is that Nintendo IS taking a loss on the 3DS per unit sold AND they're sinking money into R&D for the Wii U. Nintendo is also being hurt by the strong value of the yen compared to overseas currency like the dollar. Weak dollar doesn't convert to nearly as much yen, so Nintendo shows a loss.

It's also the fact nintendo is not releasing some popular titles like xenoblade in america or the tales series,a lot of its popular franchises are also now gone like metroid and megaman,the wii pretty much is the lowest selling unit and all people will agree aside from zelda and smash bros the console and majority of its games was for casual gamers.They also very rarily released major titles that were epic sellers.

Now unless they have something epic and i mean a really epic gameling on their plans for the nintendo wii-U which i doubt just based on how their doing things now i see it as another short lived console

Upon a side note,i just wanna clarify chances of jurassic park being put on the 3ds is slim due to poor sales and game rating,it had an average score from hardcore gamers of less then 4 outta 10,and when it comes games going to the handheld its usually major successfull titles like zelda and streetfighter both of which were top selling console games.(note i dont own a 3ds)
  • edited November 2011
    I meant $8 per episode.
    The 3DS is actually doing pretty good, and has a good future ahead of it.
    The only other 3D dino game is a crappy dino brawler.
    Sell it on the eShop for $8 an episode, and you have sales!
  • edited November 2011
    It's also the fact nintendo is not releasing some popular titles like xenoblade in america or the tales series,a lot of its popular franchises are also now gone like metroid and megaman,the wii pretty much is the lowest selling unit and all people will agree aside from zelda and smash bros the console and majority of its games was for casual gamers.They also very rarily released major titles that were epic sellers.

Okay, I have to say this. Nintendo of America doesn't have anything to do with games being localized. Reggie Fils-Aime has to ask Nintendo of Japan if they can bring games over for the year. In case you haven't been paying attention, American gamers have stopped paying attention to JRPGs like the Tales series, Xenoblade, The Last Story, and Pandora's Tower. If something hasn't been selling well, it won't get brought over. Now, if those games do well in other markets outside of Japan, it's possible we'll get them next year.

Also, Metroid hit a brick wall thanks to Other M. I personally don't understand the criticisms directed toward it, but they are there, and sadly, it makes Metroid less of a priority right now.

Finally, MEGA MAN?! Mega Man has NOTHING to do with Nintendo. NOTHING. Mega Man is owned by CAPCOM. Capcom has just been gracious enough in the past to put Mega Man games on Nintendo consoles. Unfortunately for fans of the Blue Bomber, Capcom seems determined to bury their best mascot in favor of add-ons for Street Fighter and Marvel Vs. Capcom.
  • edited November 2011
    JP on the 3DS or I will retire from the internet... yeah that's right.... :p
Sign in to comment in this discussion.