Completed it in a single day!

edited November 2011 in Jurassic Park
Thats how good it was.

And its not even a video game. Its really more of an interactive machinima.
I never even played any other telltale games, but since I was a kid during the JP era, I was intrigued. I am glad I gave it a chance.

The QTE gameplay was awkward at first, but after a few scenes, I was completely immersed.

The characters and the story are great. There's really no good/bad guys. They're all humans with both good and bad traits. The story was paced perfectly. I was never bored to even think of taking a break. I had to force myself to walk the dog(sorry dog for putting you in second place for a day :p) and eat, and frankly, I haven't done that with a video game for a LONG, LONG time.

Big thank you to the devs for bringing me back to my childhood days. I will be buying a few copies during the holiday season and gifting them to friends.

I hope there will be more Jurrasic park adventures. :)

Comments

• edited November 2011
    If you liked that consider checking out some of their other games... their strength really is story and characters.

My personal favorite is Tales of Monkey Island.
    you can download and play the free demo of that game here
    http://www.telltalegames.com/demo/launchofthescreamingnarwhal

I hope you stick around on the boards.
  • edited November 2011
    are there any brachiosaurus in the game?
  • edited November 2011
    harry.246 wrote: »
    are there any brachiosaurus in the game?

Unfortunately not. But the series has giant manatees. And partially plays in one.
  • edited November 2011
    Irishmile wrote: »
    If you liked that consider checking out some of their other games... their strength really is story and characters.

My personal favorite is Tales of Monkey Island.
    you can download and play the free demo of that game here
    http://www.telltalegames.com/demo/launchofthescreamingnarwhal

I hope you stick around on the boards.

Will give the demo a try. I do own the remake of the first monkey island game, and I have dabbled in lucas arts oldies and revolution software games. However, im not sure any other tell tale have the intense pacing found in JP. Will definitely give it a try though, thx for the recommendation :)
  • edited November 2011
    Will give the demo a try. I do own the remake of the first monkey island game, and I have dabbled in lucas arts oldies and revolution software games. However, im not sure any other tell tale have the intense pacing found in JP. Will definitely give it a try though, thx for the recommendation :)

Honestly, if what you liked most about Jurassic Park was its pacing and "interactive movie"-like qualities, you might really like Telltale's Back to the Future. I think you can still get the first episode of that for free too if you want to try it out. The interface is more like a traditional point-and-click adventure game, and it doesn't have the Heavy Rain-like prompts and QTEs, but it does have relatively quick pacing, simple puzzles, action-y sorts of sequences, and a definite interactive movie-like feel. Most people here (myself included) would consider Tales of Monkey Island a superior game, but then most people here prefer more old-school, slower-paced, puzzle- and dialogue-heavy sorts of games. But if you liked Jurassic Park for what it is, you'll probably like BttF for what it is too. In any case, you can check out both games and make up your own mind.
  • edited November 2011
    Honestly, if what you liked most about Jurassic Park was its pacing and "interactive movie"-like qualities, you might really like Telltale's Back to the Future.

what else is there to like about JP? ;) the few puzzles were lightweight even for someone like myself who hasn't properly played traditional adventure games since the 90's.
    Thx for the advice! will check out back to the future series as well. I actually think I activated the free episode, but never got around to playing it.
    most people here prefer more old-school, slower-paced, puzzle- and dialogue-heavy sorts of games. But if you liked Jurassic Park for what it is, you'll probably like BttF for what it is too. In any case, you can check out both games and make up your own mind.
    Yes, i've noticed the negative feedback JP is getting from peoplw who prefer the traditional adventure game format.

I was a big fan of the broken sword series in the 90's, gabriel knight series was also great, and I must not forget blade runner. After that the genre stagnated a bit, so I moved on to mostly RPG's, but it might be a good time to get back to adventuring :)
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2011
    what else is there to like about JP? ;) the few puzzles were lightweight even for someone like myself who hasn't properly played traditional adventure games since the 90's.

Interesting that an oldschool adventure gamer came here via Jurassic Park!
    I was a big fan of the broken sword series in the 90's, gabriel knight series was also great, and I must not forget blade runner. After that the genre stagnated a bit, so I moved on to mostly RPG's, but it might be a good time to get back to adventuring :)

Broken Sword is quite possibly my most favourite adventure game series of all time. Hard to choose between that and Monkey Island.

Jane Jensen, the woman behind Gabriel Knight, also co-designed one of the old King's Quest games... you might be interested in seeing what Telltale does with the KQ series.

Anyway, welcome. :)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.