Your favorite dinosaur in the Game? (possible spoilers!)

edited December 2011 in Jurassic Park
I am wondering which dinosaurs you liked best in the Game.:) I hope I didn't miss out any of them, Brachiosaurs were only heard and we didn't see any Gallimimuses, so I didn't include them.

My favorite was newcomer Mosasaur, it was awesome.

The Rex was also great, its battle with the Alpha Trike was spectacular, though she may have popped up too often. Transporting dino...

Troodons come third, they were really creepy and dangerous, I loved them.

The others were also pretty cool, maybe except the Herrerasaurs, I don't think they were distinct enough, especially after reading their Jounral entry which descirbed them as cool and very ancient dinosaurs.

Comments

• TB3TB3
    edited November 2011
    Gonna vote Troodon, because the Mosasaur was ever-so-slightly dissapointing, if only because the use of sonar to hunt food didn't make it to the final version of the game, and the scene in its environment was over too soon - its still an incredible animal though, bravo!

But the Troodons (or as they have been nicknamed elsewhere, the Paparazzi, heh) were fascinating - their intelligence, behaviour, appearance, hunting and mannerisms all made for a unique species, and one I really wish we could have seen more of. I particularly liked their unique colour scheme (that band of red down their necks and bellies is really eye-catching, especially in contrast to their pale overall colouration) and the dramatic potential the game got out of their photo-reflective eyes really added to the tension at times (seeing them glowing at the far end of a corridor for example).

However, I do have a criticism related to the Troodons; after all the build-up in the first three chapters, we don't get much of a resolution out of them. After the puzzle with the blueprints they vanish from the game - as with the Mosasaur, their big scenes were over quite quickly - it would have been nice perhaps to have had a final showdown with them in the caves after the escape from the Marine exhibit and before the grand finale at the North Dock, especially given that they chased Jess, Laura and Billy all the way to the hatcheries; after the tenacity they showed in stalking their prey for miles, its seems like they gave up.

Ah well, here's hoping for more of those freaky theropods in seasons to come!

(raises a glass)

Telltale, we salute you!
  • edited November 2011
    For me its actually a tie between T-Rex and the Troodons. I love T-Rex and i'm actually happy she showed up
    a little bit in each episode
    , i thought of it as revenge from the 3rd movie lol.

However the Troodons were awesome, they creeped me out every time but considering the game that was a good thing.

I was very impressed with the all the dinos in the game, down to the sounds and the looks.
  • edited November 2011
    I loved the Troodons. The creepy way they stalked the characters throughout the game and their awesome look sold me. I really want a figurine of those things.
  • edited November 2011
    The rex will always be my favorite... The troodon was alright but the mosasaur was easily the best new kid on the block.
  • edited November 2011
    I loved the Mosasaur,
    The black eyes gave it a creepy look
    but I was disappointed that we only got to see it for a short period of time. I especially liked the Troodons, but again, everyone was saying how it was going to be stalking them through the whole park and be the big bad guy, I kinda thought we would be seeing it every few scenes. (Instead, it seemed like the Tyrannosaur was the stalker) My favorite would have to be Troodon, Mosasaur, or Tyrannosaur. Troodon was a scary addition to the game that everyone feared of. The Mosasaur was the dinosaur that you had n oway of escaping. You couldn't stay still. You couldn't stay in the light. You have a disadvantage of being slower, knowing it can probably go at a great amount of speed, so it seems you just can't escape it.
    In my opinion, I think they escaped it too easily. But I did love that scene though. Great job. :)
    The Tyrannosaur would be a great choice due to it showing up very frequently. You think it's leavin- WAH PAH! It just swallowed your beloved daughter Jess. :)

I think I've said enough.
    tl;dr
  • edited November 2011
    In the game no Gallimimus and Brachiosaurus?.
  • edited November 2011
    ^^ Nope. Sorry, I was expecting them too. You do hear the Brachiosaurus at one point, but don't see them.

I voted T-Rex. He will always be #1 in Jurassic Park.
  • edited November 2011
    Troodon, by far. T-Rex and Velociraptor are also my favorites.
  • edited December 2011
    Your poll is missing Pteranodon. They were in the game too. Any way my favorite Dino would have to be Tylosaurus (the mosasaur).
  • edited December 2011
    While the classic from the movie like the T-Rex and the Raptors were extremely well done in the game, I would have to say Troodon. When I first heard Telltale was adding a new dinosaur, I have to admit, I was skeptical about how well it would fit. But they did an amazing job with the Troodon! The design was great, and the way they build their nest... that was creepy, but really added to the suspense and the overall feel of the dinosaur.

(I'm not sure how to add spoiler tags, so hopefully I didn't spoil anything.)
  • edited December 2011
    i will always have a spot in my heart for the T-rex. the dilophosaurus is one of my favorite dinosaurs and looked really good in this game, they looked pretty good in the game. I wish there was more of mosasaur in the game, it was such a awesome concept and interesting dino, wish there was more, but it was still cool.

sad to say, i didn't like the Troodon's design. The eyes we're too bulgy and i thought they looked awkward sometimes. the concept was awesome, i liked how their eyes glowed and the poison bites. I think they just felt too alien for Jurassic Park. but i didn't hate them, they were interesting, just a little too different for me i suppose
  • edited December 2011
    I loved the mosasaur , being a huge fan of both Jurassic and Cretaceous marine reptiles. But I really think troodon is one of my favorite dinosaurs now. It was like walking horror movie. Killing quietly. Stalking from great distances. NOCTURNAL, need I say more?, leaves a frightening gory mess wherever it treads... It makes me wonder how lethal they were in life. If they weren't omnivores like Joseph leidy predicted.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.