Something about Dr. Sorkin

edited November 2011 in Jurassic Park
Am I right in thinking that Dr. Sorkin is the only female character to ever actually die in anything JP related, including the novels?
I mean, I know Nima can also die in the game, but I don't consider that to be the cannonical 'proper' ending.

Comments

• edited November 2011
    I'm trying to remember if the nursemaid died in the first book...
  • edited November 2011
    ^^ She didn't, but wasn't the infant mentioned as being a girl...?

Also, there were a couple of women in the TOPPS comics from the 90's who bit it...Sonya, who Edgar Pranther killed on Isla Nublar, and the crazy gorilla lady whose name escapes me on the Costa Rican mainland who was rended by Raptors.
  • edited November 2011
    robotpo wrote: »
    ^^ She didn't, but wasn't the infant mentioned as being a girl...?

Also, there were a couple of women in the TOPPS comics from the 90's who bit it...Sonya, who Edgar Pranther killed on Isla Nublar, and the crazy gorilla lady whose name escapes me on the Costa Rican mainland who was rended by Raptors.

Interesting. Sadly, I only read like one issue of the TOPPS 90s comics. It was the one where Muldoon came back. It was awesome! :D
  • edited November 2011
    Interesting. Sadly, I only read like one issue of the TOPPS 90s comics. It was the one where Muldoon came back. It was awesome! :D

Is that the ones with all the raptors?

I might be talking about something else.
  • edited November 2011
    AndrewF wrote: »
    Is that the ones with all the raptors?

I might be talking about something else.

I'm not so sure, man, but I think maybe it was about raptors getting to the mainland. Like I said, I only read one issue.

I remember there was an issue I REALLY wanted to get but never did, it was like a prequel, showing the building of Jurassic Park and stuff.

Maybe I'll get them all off ebay when I have some spare cash. :D
  • edited November 2011
    The Topps comics are about the Raptors being hijacked off the island then purused from a variety of people from crime lords to crazy animal activists,its however a good series with a good solid storyline and a few surprises,i consider it a true line in the series.

If your all interested in the comic series you should see jurassic park redemption,its about tim and lex from the first movie and how they use their grandfathers fortuens in different directions,while lex wants to protect the island and the dinosaurs tim like his grandpa wants to create his own jurassic park,only problem was the artist was horrible
  • edited November 2011
    Is this the one with the guy who put the electric collars on the raptors and was partially using them as slaves?
  • edited November 2011
    AndrewF wrote: »
    Is this the one with the guy who put the electric collars on the raptors and was partially using them as slaves?

yep same series and same guy
  • edited November 2011
    I'm not so sure, man, but I think maybe it was about raptors getting to the mainland. Like I said, I only read one issue.

I remember there was an issue I REALLY wanted to get but never did, it was like a prequel, showing the building of Jurassic Park and stuff.

Maybe I'll get them all off ebay when I have some spare cash. :D

Your are referring to this:

rtjp09.jpg

It's the best issue by far, lots of cool stuff in there concerning the park before it opens. It is being re-released in this volume for cheap, too!

As for RaventheBlack's suggestions, stay FAR away form the Redemption series. The story is not only awful, the dinosaurs are very poorly drawn as well. Add that to the fact that is has very little do with JP, and its probably the worst thing to happen to the franchise since JP3.
  • edited November 2011
    TP3D wrote: »
    Your are referring to this:

rtjp09.jpg

It's the best issue by far, lots of cool stuff in there concerning the park before it opens. It is being re-released in this volume for cheap, too!

As for RaventheBlack's suggestions, stay FAR away form the Redemption series. The story is not only awful, the dinosaurs are very poorly drawn as well. Add that to the fact that is has very little do with JP, and its probably the worst thing to happen to the franchise since JP3.

Dude that issue is special the one your showing right there,it officially has my name in it under the fans list.look up {Dustin Sambrook}

And yes agreed on the part of the redemption series,i admit i like the idea of tim and lex parting seperate ways,lex like her grandfather wanted to protect the dinosaurs,while tim like his grandfather wanted to make them a reality,it had a promising them let down by other poor mechanics
  • edited November 2011
    NO WAY man, look at mine, Tim Piper, on the top of the fan list too! I was so ticked they didn't pick my dino picture I drew them, but so stoked to have my name in a comic! Oh, to be 8 again...
  • edited November 2011
    TP3D wrote: »
    NO WAY man, look at mine, Tim Piper, on the top of the fan list too! I was so ticked they didn't pick my dino picture I drew them, but so stoked to have my name in a comic! Oh, to be 8 again...

Good times back then,gas was cheap,comics and pogs were popular along with the snes and sega genesis,you were cool if you had the goosebumps books,oh yes id love to be 8 again
  • edited November 2011
    I have those series! (Return to Jurassic Park) But I only have 1 through 5.
  • edited November 2011
    I have a letter written in the Photo Finish episode of RtJP. :D The one with the two guys with binoculars... OOhhh, maybe it's the one with the Parasaurs. Anyway... yes. The comics were great.
  • edited November 2011
    Nah.... Sorkin reminds me of one of those liberal types with the 'save the world' attitude but then actually really farks things up far worse than the ones she's protesting against.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.