Am I missing something..? (ENDGAME SPOILERS)

edited November 2011 in Jurassic Park
Okay, so why was there
a bag full of money just sitting there on the emergency lifeboat? The only thing I could think of was that it was money for the stolen DNA, but wasn't the whole point of the urgency at the beginning of Chapter 1 that they were trying to get the DNA back to the main boat so they could take it to Dodgson and get paid by him? If someone did bring the DNA money to the island, what happened to that person? Was the bag of money a leftover plot point from the first JP film that I'm forgetting about because I haven't seen it in several years?

Or was I just not paying enough attention and missed something obvious during the game..? Help pls i need. :confused:

Comments

• edited November 2011
    There's already a thread about this. In another part of the game, a second boat is mentioned. This was probably a back up and they probably brought the money with them, but something got to the people on the boat, which is why it was abandoned.
  • edited November 2011
    Huh okay, I looked for another possible thread about this but found nothing. Guess I've gotta play it again.
  • edited November 2011
    Well, I think it's kind of assumed at this point that any time Miles or Nima were talking about a boat, they couldn't mean the freighter at the East Dock. Also, Nima was always adamant about getting to the North Dock. This was probably going to be Nedry's escape plan. He'd have delivered the embryos to Miles at the East Dock, went back, put the park systems back in order(that was his intention in the novel at least), then left on the boat at the North Dock the following day with the rest of his money.
  • edited November 2011
    It's obviously Nedry's bag of money that disappears after he receives it from Dodgson in the first film. (Look closely in that scene)
  • edited November 2011
    Aren't we told early in the game that Niama has to get to the docks and deliver the canister to INGEN, we pretty much are left to assume they would bring the money then aren't we?
    We also are told that the people on the boat must've been eaten.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.