The Lost World: The Game

edited December 2011 in Jurassic Park
Would anyone want season 2 of JP to be based on TLW: JP?

They could do a really neat story based on an Ingen employee team on Site B, or even a prequel based story relating to the time that Site B was evacuated to the point in how it appears in JP2 and JP3?

Imagine a story about all the lab workers trying to get off the island, vacating the Pterenadon cage, the Spino being released onto the island and all the Raptors escaping. You could even feature the dinos from the lost world book like the chameleon style dinos etc...

What does everyone think?

Comments

• edited November 2011
    I'd like a TLW game set during the aftermath of the San Diego incident; perhaps there really WERE Raptors on the Venture as has often been speculated by fans (so far without any real substance) - the Raptor pack has now taken up residence around San Diego, perhaps in the city sewers and even the surrounding wilds, and must be rounded up. Meanwhile, the Navy operation to return the two T-Rexes to Isla Sorna gets complicated due to conflicting factions (a corrupt Navy admiral who wants to use predators from the island as attack animals?), leading to the surviving Naval officers have to fight for their lives.
  • edited November 2011
    The evacuation of the Isla Sorna would be very interesting!
  • edited November 2011
    Yes it would.. I would love to know more about the time period before it was abandoned... Like who worked there? How did they set the animals loose? Where there complications?
  • edited November 2011
    what the fuck i posted a similar thread to this, could you guys in fact move this too that one please and thanks:)
  • edited November 2011
    what the fuck i posted a similar thread to this, could you guys in fact move this too that one please and thanks:)

yea perhaps show how some dinosaurs didnt make it on Ingens list...perhaps the work of a now deseaced dr.sorkin.???? and perferably loaded with tresspasser easter eggs
  • edited November 2011
    Unless Telltale seriously overhauls the gameplay and graphics engine, I won't be interested.
  • edited November 2011
    no i wouldnt mind seeing it before ingen made the dinosaurs on isla nublar, the very beginning, when john hammond first cloned the dinosaur, which was the velociraptor if you havent played jurassic park trespasser, all them inccidents on how isla sorna failed kind of like isla nublar
  • edited November 2011
    By the time they get around to another possible Jurassic Park game the fourth movie might be close to release. Perhaps they could base the story of that, though it would be hard to speculate a story for a game based on a movie that isn't even out yet. On second thought maybe you guys should just keep talking about a possible game based off The Lost World.
  • edited November 2011
    JP:TG spoilers ahead:
    I was thinking the assistant going missing could be a good lead-in for a sequel. Yeah, Dr. Sorkin mentioned his death, but she also looked very off-putting and suspicious while she was mentioning it. My theory is that he's still alive and they've made a plan to cover it up to set up for more plot development in the future. Reasons why I think he might be brought back in a season sequel:

- If they did indeed lie about his death, we never saw his face, so we'd never recognize him if he shows up in the next season. Why even put him in the game, give him a name and a job, not show his face, then kill him off if he had no importance whatsoever?
    - With Sorkin out of the running for futher seasons, who better to carry out her work than her assistant.. especially on Isla Sorna...
    - If you recall in The Lost World, Hammond mentions that the dinosaurs are flourishing despite the lysine contingency. This would be the perfect set up for a return to Sorna, in which Sorkin's assistant ventures to the island to release the lysine cure in the island's water supplies. At least as a minor subplot.
    -This would put us on the island around the time of evactuation, so we'd have plenty to cover in that sense.
  • edited November 2011
    As long as they don't decide to end the sequel by blowing up Isla Sorna as well I'm totally for making a sequel. This time though more puzzles and more actual gameplay should be key issues.

Like seriously the ending for this game sucked hard.
  • edited November 2011
    AndyCullen wrote: »
    I was thinking the assistant going missing could be a good lead-in for a sequel. Yeah, Dr. Sorkin mentioned his death, but she also looked very off-putting and suspicious while she was mentioning it. My theory is that he's still alive and they've made a plan to cover it up to set up for more plot development in the future. Reasons why I think he might be brought back in a season sequel:

- If they did indeed lie about his death, we never saw his face, so we'd never recognize him if he shows up in the next season. Why even put him in the game, give him a name and a job, not show his face, then kill him off if he had no importance whatsoever?
    - With Sorkin out of the running for futher seasons, who better to carry out her work than her assistant.. especially on Isla Sorna...
    - If you recall in The Lost World, Hammond mentions that the dinosaurs are flourishing despite the lysine contingency. This would be the perfect set up for a return to Sorna, in which Sorkin's assistant ventures to the island to release the lysine cure in the island's water supplies. At least as a minor subplot.
    -This would put us on the island around the time of evactuation, so we'd have plenty to cover in that sense.

WHOA! BRILLIANT IDEA! I didn't even realise about the assistant.
  • edited November 2011
    Lost World the game is probably my third most wanted game not already announced from TTG... the first two being Monkey Island and Sam and Max..
  • edited November 2011
    well there has to be a story how they got that one medicine into the waters of isla sorna in the first place, that one guy that made a voice appearance in the first episode, but never showed his face, he would most likely be the part in tlw the game
  • edited December 2011

That's a great Plot! The Dinosaurs should have all Died from lack of lysine. But they survived somehow. SPOILER AHEAD!
    Could it be Sorkin's assistant who cured them of the lysine contingency?
    But what about the Pteranodons? SPOILER AHEAD AGAIN!
    Sorkin said that the cure was only for the Dinosaurs.
  • edited December 2011
    ok i know how they survived, remeber the movie, sarah mentions somthing about lysine in the plants, the dinosaurs eat the plants and managed to stay alive
    the plants are the main focus on how they stayed alive not the water, but there has to be a sequel how they added the lysine in the plants, in the first place
  • edited December 2011
    ok i know how they survived, remeber the movie, sarah mentions somthing about lysine in the plants, the dinosaurs eat the plants and managed to stay alive
    the plants are the main focus on how they stayed alive not the water, but there has to be a sequel how they added the lysine in the plants, in the first place

From The Lost World:
    "I figured out how the animals survived without lysine!"
    "I don't care!"
    "The herbivores have been eating agama beans, soy, anything lysine rich. And the carnivores, well, they eat the herbivores-"

And then she gets distracted by something cute.
  • edited December 2011
    I've already brought up the topic a while ago about a Second Series, based on the Evacuation of Sorna, and I think its a brilliant idea!
  • edited December 2011
    Maybe Sorkin's assistant also somehow put the cure in the plants too?
  • edited December 2011

perfect set-up for a new episode!

after the failure of jurassic park ingen went bankrupt and some of the board members want to replace john hammond with peter ludlow as CEO.
    in a first attempt it fails but ludlow knows it's just a matter of time. he finds out about the lysine research of dr. sorkin and contacts her survived assistant to tell him that he wants isla sorna to become a real resort (arguing just like sorkin).
    in fact ludlow aims to convince the board members that hammond has lost all the control over the breeding dinosaurs (even the lysine contingency doesn't work anymore) and prepares to become the new CEO.

while sorkin's assistant ventures to isla sorna hammond got known of ludlow's plans and orders his employees on isla sorna to infect all the dinosaurs with DX.

then hurricane clarissa hits the island.
  • edited December 2011
    JPTGfan wrote: »
    That's a great Plot! The Dinosaurs should have all Died from lack of lysine. But they survived somehow. SPOILER AHEAD!
    Could it be Sorkin's assistant who cured them of the lysine contingency?
    But what about the Pteranodons? SPOILER AHEAD AGAIN!
    Sorkin said that the cure was only for the Dinosaurs.

But it supposedly only effects super order dinosauria...sorkin didnt figure the frog DNA messing with that as well.... The contingency would have had to factor in amphibian DNA...something all of the dinosaurs and Pterosaurs share
Sign in to comment in this discussion.