Jeep instead a tour vehicle

edited November 2011 in Jurassic Park
I don't know how many of you have noticed this, or if anybody already mentioned it. At the very beginning of the game, when we are introduced to Gerry and Jess; when Jess is looking through binoculars to find triceratops, a parked Jeep Wrangler could be seen. If you click onto it, Gerry says that it's probably vehicle by which guests had arrived. Does he think about Alan and company from the movie or some other unnamed guests.

As, we all well remember that in the movie there have been two ford explorers. I would like someone from Telltale to clarify that Jeep problem. If this is a mistake, please replace it with 2 ford explorers (tour vehicles) in next patch, as it kills immersion siginifcantly...

Comments

• edited November 2011
    I was wondering this too? The only gas powered jeep that makes sense next to the trike paddock would of been Gerry's, but his jeep is right behind him in the cut scene. I'm wondering if it is supposed to be one of the gas powered jeeps that they took from the helicopter?

Or did they just mean to put two explorers here? I'm confused...
  • edited November 2011
    They rode from the chopper to the visitor center in jeeps.. I am guessing this is close to the time frame of that scene but I am not sure... Gerry could also just be assuming incorrectly
  • edited November 2011
    Irishmile wrote: »
    They rode from the chopper to the visitor center in jeeps.. I am guessing this is close to the time frame of that scene but I am not sure... Gerry could also just be assuming incorrectly

I figured he was just assuming incorrectly.
  • edited November 2011
    I thought the same. But, if that is indeed the visitors car, then Telltale, please replace it with Ford explorers. However, if those are Alan and company, then shouldn't Harding be down, to meet them? In any case, official clarification would be nice. So many questions, that happens when you make a game for die hard fans :)
  • edited November 2011
    Assuming incorrectly makes more sense because Gerry was WITH the tour group when they first see the triceratops... In fact I am not really sure when that happened in the games timeline either... Maybe someone smarter than me needs to make a timeline of events and sort this all out :p
  • edited November 2011
    I'm not really sure when it takes place. Jerry in the movie is with the Trike and Ellie RIGHT before the storm. Whereas this scene is taking place when it is bright and sunny, and the storm occurs when Gerry and Jess are sleeping overnight in the bunker. Not really sure the events of the movie and the game line up right with Gerry Harding...

Everything would of needed to happen after the sick trike. Maybe he took Ellie back to the visistors center and picked up Jess. That makes sense right?
  • edited November 2011
    Irishmile wrote: »
    Assuming incorrectly makes more sense because Gerry was WITH the tour group when they first see the triceratops... In fact I am not really sure when that happened in the games timeline either... Maybe someone smarter than me needs to make a timeline of events and sort this all out :p

After Gerry took Jess back to the guest house, he went and checked on the sick Trike. And somehow grew a mustache.
  • edited November 2011
    The scene in the move with the trike takes place between the Gerry/Jess level in the game and the following level where you are playing as Nima, the game kinda just skips over the entire tour section of the movie and jumps right to that night.
  • edited November 2011
    Yeah... that is right the binocular scene happens, then the sick triceratops in the movie, then Gerry tries to get to the boat in the game... he implies not being there when he talks about her packing her things...
  • edited November 2011
    Hmmm, then whose Jeep is parked in Trike paddock?
  • TB3TB3
    edited November 2011
    veki wrote: »

Possibly Muldoon - Harding says in the film that Muldoon went out and tranquilised the Trike for him.

However, the number on the jeep in the game indentifies it as #18, one of the two that collected the endorsement team from the helipad. So either this is a 'missing scene' where the Jeeps stopped for a second time en-route to the visitor center (which does not jibe well with the 'reveal' of the Trike later), or if it is Muldoon, then sometime after the guests arrived, Muldoon (either before or after the scene at the raptor ren) must have borrowed Jeep 18 and went out to tranq the trike.
  • edited November 2011
    TB3 wrote: »
    Possibly Muldoon - Harding says in the film that Muldoon went out and tranquilised the Trike for him.

However, the number on the jeep in the game indentifies it as #18, one of the two that collected the endorsement team from the helipad. So either this is a 'missing scene' where the Jeeps stopped for a second time en-route to the visitor center (which does not jibe well with the 'reveal' of the Trike later), or if it is Muldoon, then sometime after the guests arrived, Muldoon (either before or after the scene at the raptor ren) must have borrowed Jeep 18 and went out to tranq the trike.

I think this probably makes the most sense. It's likely Muldoon while the rest of the endorsement team is likely already on the tour. Gerry does state that he should get going to check on the sick Trike, and likely just assumed that the jeep was Grant and co.
  • edited November 2011
    How's this for a continuity error? In the movie Gerry Harding is in his late fifties, has a mustache, and looks a little like Walter Matthau and in the game Gerry is in his forties, and looks like a cross between Aaron Eckhart and George Clooney...

I'm pretty sure Gerry was making a guess that the Jeep belonged to Grant and co. and he was wrong.
  • edited November 2011
    If you look close enough in the jeep, you can see somebody wearing a fedorah. So....which fedorah wearing hero is it?
  • edited November 2011
    Maybe there are two Gerry Hardings.
  • edited November 2011
    veki wrote: »

Like Gerry said in the game it's one of the jeeps that picked up Grant and co. at the heliport. There isn't a "Triceratops paddock" but an entire area where herbivore dinosaurs roam free like many have previously said.

And just like Jess they probably didn't see a damn thing while in there. The scene would indeed be shortly after the guests have arrived at the island. Whether before or after the Brachiosaurus scene is for anyone's guess.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.