The original gerry harding

edited December 2011 in Jurassic Park
ok in the first movie is he the person talking to dr. sattler if so he looks different,

Comments

• edited November 2011
    Yep. He's the vet taking care of the Triceratops.

Harding2.png
  • edited November 2011
    Nightlight wrote: »

Harding2.png

they kind of created him wrong in the game sorry telltale, but you guys kind of screwed up on this, wonder why they didnt have the exact looks from the movie?
  • edited November 2011
    Oh, that's pretty obvious. They wanted a fit action hero, not an old guy with a moustache.

Having said that, in that case they should have just made him a new character.
  • edited November 2011
    hey he could've shaved and got a hair cut within the few hours of that scene :P
  • edited November 2011
    They brought up in interviews that they changed his appearance for the game's sake. What? You've never heard of recasting?
  • edited November 2011
    Most likely they wanted to make him a little younger and dashing.. another reason is they would have had to spend money on Gerald Molen's likeness...

Being such a minor character (in the films anyway) I think TTG figured they could get away with it... It doesn't bug me at all... It happens all the time with games.

Sunglasses, hat, mustache.. obviously he was just wearing a disguise.... :p
  • edited November 2011
    I believe they said they couldn't get the license to his likeness, that's why the changed him.
  • edited November 2011
    Trenchfoot wrote: »
    I believe they said they couldn't get the license to his likeness, that's why the changed him.

Nah, not true, because the original Gerry is played by one of the film series' producers, and he appeared in one of the game's making ofs too.
  • edited November 2011
    Nah, not true, because the original Gerry is played by one of the film series' producers, and he appeared in one of the game's making ofs too.
    Uh...no he didn't.
  • edited November 2011
    Personally, not to offend, but I think fans complaining that they chaged the look of Gerry Harding is kind of silly. I mean, he wasn't even a major character in the film. I can understand if they had a character like Ian Malcom in the game but made him look nothing like Jeff Goldblum then that would be something to cry about. But Gerry Harding... not so much. And it's for the better.

Telltale didn't screw up by changing Gerry Harding, they did the right thing.
  • edited November 2011
    Someone with drawing skills just has to draw some sort of ludicrous comic where he jokes with Jess that he's going to wear a mustache when he goes out, because it "calms the trikes" or something.
  • edited November 2011
    Yes... well I think we can all agree that we can put this theory to rest?
    gerryf.jpg
  • edited November 2011
    Ha! Nice one, Irish.
  • edited November 2011
    Uh...no he didn't.

Appear in the games making of video?
  • edited November 2011
    tarasis wrote: »
    Appear in the games making of video?
    Yes, he didn't appear in the making of video.
  • edited November 2011
    Nightlight wrote: »

Harding2.png

Anybody notice he also has changed his watch man this guy loves to mix things up doesnt he ?

1712844-gerry_harding_large.jpg
  • edited November 2011
    If were gonna talk about Gerry, then why is Dr. Grant not what he was described as in the book? And why isn't Muldoon a drinker?

Because of copyrights my dear friends.
  • edited November 2011
    Malcolm wasn't like his movie counterpart either... They didn't change them in the movie because of copyrights though.
  • edited November 2011
    I made this badly photoshopped mockup and it works for me:

gerrywithoutstache.jpg

gerrywithstache.jpg

gerrynocapandstache.jpg
    gerrynocapandstacheavi.jpg<---Actually to me this Gerry looks more badass, kinda like Old Snake

:)
  • edited November 2011
    I love them shoops
  • edited November 2011
    hey thanks guys lol those pics are amazing, just wandering how you edit pics and modify them, wouldn't mind doing it myself lol
  • edited November 2011
    Photoshop...
  • edited November 2011
    If were gonna talk about Gerry, then why is Dr. Grant not what he was described as in the book? And why isn't Muldoon a drinker?

if there was copyright issues, how did they make the movie? I'm pretty sure Mr. Crichton wrote the screenplay for the film and sold the rights to universal.
  • edited November 2011

More like the use of creative mind. Nothing is ever exactly the same in book>movie conversions. Otherwise they'd never get made! It is up to the casting director to cast actors based on the director's own image for the characters. This is also related to scriptwriters who alter things in order to make a better movie out of it.

It has nothing to do with copyrights or licensing since the appearance of characters in books are up to interpretation.
  • Sinaz20Sinaz20 Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2011
    T002Tyrant wrote: »
    gerrynocapandstacheavi.jpg<---Actually to me this Gerry looks more badass, kinda like Old Snake

:)

Is that Tom Skerritt?? :D

tom_skerritt_grande3.jpg
  • edited November 2011
    Man, I wish I could edit the game models and textures, just so I could give Gerry that awesome facial hair!
  • edited November 2011
    fouru.jpg
  • edited November 2011
    Jerry in Rabbi mode looks badass.

Great work, Irish! As always :D
  • edited November 2011
    try dressing Gerry with a jack sparrow beard lol be hilarious

here is a video clip of Ellie Sattler and Gerry Harding talking

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JylK4HuKMvQ&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PLF33C1DC765D53584

man to bad you cant post videos in forums eh?
  • edited November 2011
    baldq.jpg
    pityj.jpg
  • edited November 2011
    They should totally release a patch that allows you to customize Gerry.

Or let the fans mod the game.

Any would rock.
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah it doesn't bother me that they changed him, but I'm insulted by the idea that an action hero can't have a mustache
  • edited December 2011
    I think the game version of the character looks cool.. I have said it before but I really hope whoever did that concept art is working on kings quest because gerry would make a great king graham.
  • edited December 2011
    i prefer the games version of the character, when i read the books i always saw him as a well fit guy in his late 40's early 50's, The game just solidified that in my mind. Because i mean, he is working with dinosaurs and most of them are quite large.
  • edited December 2011
    You had to know it was coming....
    32795475.jpg
  • edited December 2011
    Ahahah Irishmile you've made my day!
  • edited December 2011
    irishmile give him jack sparrows beard and mustache lol
  • edited December 2011
    Haha I am loving this thread!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.