PS3 Version vs. Computer Version

edited November 2011 in Jurassic Park
Hey guys, I got the free episode 1 from the Jurassic Park Blu-ray and now that it has finally come out on Mac I was able to blast through Episode 1 last night/ today. I really enjoyed it and am seriously thinking of picking up the full game. I would usually just buy it on the PS3 because that way I can play it on the big screen and I prefer to use the PS3 controller rather then the trackpad on my Macbook pro, but I think I read something about the PS3 version having a lot of issues and the Mac/PC version running much smoother. I usually hate computer games because they never work right but i had episode 1 running on my macbook pro with full resolution and everything at the highest and it only ever slowed down when it would jump in-between some scenes. (I think that was the game loading and not the frame rate). Anyways trying to decide which is the better option. I can always hook my computer up to the big screen but then I'm stuck sitting quite close. Also wondering if there is a way to check your rankings on levels. I want to get Gold on every level but it isn't much good if you can't check your scores and can't jump to certain spots in the game to try for gold.

Comments

• edited November 2011
    Eagle,

You can jump to any scenario within the episodes to retry for gold, no worries.

The slowing in between scenes happens in every version of the game, even on a PC with the highest specs, so don't worry about that. I personally would recommend buying the game on the PS3, because playing on the keyboard and mouse as opposed to the controller isn't really that great. I've played both ways and the PC controls are pretty lackluster, there are only a few buttons to press and the whole game seems a lot simpler.

On the other hand, if the game is running smoother on the computer, I would go with that, because I've heard its pretty rough on the PS3.
  • edited November 2011
    TP3D wrote: »
    Eagle,

You can jump to any scenario within the episodes to retry for gold, no worries.

The slowing in between scenes happens in every version of the game, even on a PC with the highest specs, so don't worry about that. I personally would recommend buying the game on the PS3, because playing on the keyboard and mouse as opposed to the controller isn't really that great. I've played both ways and the PC controls are pretty lackluster, there are only a few buttons to press and the whole game seems a lot simpler.

On the other hand, if the game is running smoother on the computer, I would go with that, because I've heard its pretty rough on the PS3.

Thanks for the info. Maybe its just my version that doesn't allow you to skip to each section but possibly I'm missing something? What button in the menu do you select to do that?
  • edited November 2011
    It says scenarios in the main menu, on the bottom of each episode below the 3D dinosaur.
  • edited November 2011
    I have all three versions... The PS3 one is entirely playable, and that's where I beat it. However, expect some glitches (I had to reload a save before the Boneshaker because it decided to start duplicating cars and made the puzzle un-finishable) and some pretty heavy framerate drops in Episode 4.

I HATED the mouse controls on the PC. So there you go.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.