TLW novel

edited November 2011 in Jurassic Park
does sarah harding ever mention of ever having a younger sister, and gerry harding, i am just curious, i only watched the movie!

Comments

• edited November 2011
    If you mean in the novel, no, I don't think so. In the book, I believe it was Sara instead of Gerry.
  • edited November 2011
    No, there is no mention of Harding having another daughter in either of the books. That's why there was a lot of confusion when Jess was announced. At first some people were even confusing Jess for a younger Sarah.
  • edited November 2011
    Woodsyblue wrote: »
    No, there is no mention of Harding having another daughter in either of the books. That's why there was a lot of confusion when Jess was announced. At first some people were even confusing Jess for a younger Sarah.

well jess does look like a younger version of sarah, a lot younger version, same hair color and everything, the only difference is the pony tails in the back,
    also wondering why sarah didnt go along as well since how jess is there also, makes yeah wonder
  • edited November 2011
    well jess does look like a younger version of sarah, a lot younger version, same hair color and everything, the only difference is the pony tails in the back,
    also wondering why sarah didnt go along as well since how jess is there also, makes yeah wonder

Sarah is estranged from Gerry. Jess even uses that in her argument with him after the raptor attack, saying, "How long has it been since you even talked to Sarah?!"
  • edited November 2011
    It was also mentioned that Jess's mother practically forced Gerry to take Jess because she was at her wits end about Jess's recent rebellious behaviour and wanted him to straighten her out.
  • edited November 2011
    damn, that novel was much better than the movie. ...and not just in the traditional sense. It was a much better story than the movie. Yes, that still bothers me.
  • edited November 2011
    Has anyone on this thread even read Michael Crichton's novel?
  • edited November 2011
    bobber56 wrote: »
    Has anyone on this thread even read Michael Crichton's novel?

Yes, bought it when it came out. The media cop-out for Malcolm's return was pretty cheesy, but I loved it. The best part; no kids kicked any Raptors.

Buying it before the movie came out was more disheartening. You read the first book, you watch the movie...okay they cut the first 1/4 out, took a few liberties, cut out another 1/4 near the end....the basic story was intact. You read The Lost World, then watch the movie.... WTF. Besides Isla Sorna, Malcolm amd Sarah, nothing is the same....and then a kid kicks a Raptor!
  • edited November 2011
    Johro wrote: »
    You read The Lost World, then watch the movie.... WTF. Besides Isla Sorna, Malcolm amd Sarah, nothing is the same....and then a kid kicks a Raptor!
    haha I read TLW waaaaay before the movie and was pretty dissapointed in the movie that labor day weekend it came out, I still have a place for it in my heart ,but yeah lol
  • edited November 2011
    I agree that the novels are better than the films but I still love the films to death.

Jurassic Park still followed the basic story of the novel. They just took out the extra story elements to make the movie a smoother adventure film. It basicly took out parts in The book that made the story preachy.

I don't know what happened with TLW. I haven't gotten the blu-ray yet to watch the new making of features but I'm assuming the reason for changing the story that much is never really explained. I still like the film. The trailer going over the cliff is still one of my favorite scenes out of the whole series but I liked the story in the novel more. I would have prefered the Dodgson goes to the island story then InGen taking dinosaurs off the island.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.