Your favorite bit of acting in JP:TG?

edited November 2011 in Jurassic Park
What was your favorite bit of acting in Jurassic Park the game?

Was it a certain animation?
was it a voice actor's performance?

Mine is the first time we see the Rex slowly stomping towards Gerry when he is trapped under the detached gate... I think of all the bits that sequence fit. It had the same sort of tension that I felt when I watch the first movie.

I also liked the interaction between Mile's (good job Mr. Multi-talented, Jared Emerson-Johnson) and Nima... It really set up how Nima is probably the kind of capable character that puts up with people like Mile's underestimating her..

Comments

• edited November 2011
    Irishmile wrote: »
    Was it a certain animation?

Again, crotch death; chapter 4.
    Greatest thing in the game.
  • edited November 2011
    OMG! yeah... that was hard to watch... My son was watching me play when that happened... without missing a beat he said "oooohhhh... I bet he is fine.. he will just need to walk it off."
  • edited November 2011
    My favourite part is failing the QTE for climbing the fence when the T-Rex is coming (episode 3). That was awesome watching Nima get flung into the air.
  • edited November 2011
    My favorite is how well they nailed the shock and sadness Jess feels if you fail the last QTE and Gerry dies before getting to the boat.
  • edited November 2011
    I absolutely loved the moment just before the fight between Nima and Billy right at the very end of the game. Nima's character in particular develops beautifully from the beginning of the game, where she has Gerry and Jess held hostage at gunpoint, to the end where she positions herself in front of them protectively. It also contrasts nicely with Billy's development, from hero and protector to villian and antagonist. (This is also why I think the ending where Nima survives and saves Jess is the 'true' ending - by this point in the game she cares more about the Hardings than the canister.)
  • edited November 2011
    I love the look on Billy's face when he realises that the T-Rex is right next to him.
  • edited November 2011
    I love the look on Billy's face when he realises that the T-Rex is right next to him.

I have to admit, Billy's demise was kinda stupid. He stood frozen the whole time because he knew the Rex was behind him. Once the canister rolls away, he leaps and runs towards it, dives, recovers the can, and stands up. WTH? During all this time did he FORGET THAT THERE WAS A T-REX BEHIND HIM?! Like in the Lost World movie, at the docks, people jumped straight into the water with the Trex behind them. That would have made sense.
  • edited November 2011
    The world is full of stupid people.
  • edited November 2011
    I have to admit, Billy's demise was kinda stupid. He stood frozen the whole time because he knew the Rex was behind him. Once the canister rolls away, he leaps and runs towards it, dives, recovers the can, and stands up. WTH? During all this time did he FORGET THAT THERE WAS A T-REX BEHIND HIM?! Like in the Lost World movie, at the docks, people jumped straight into the water with the Trex behind them. That would have made sense.

He probably saw that the rex was temporarily distracted.
  • edited November 2011
    He probably thought the payout was worth the risk... he was wrong.

All the raptor animation was spot on too.... I was really impressed with it.
  • bubbledncrbubbledncr Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2011
    Irishmile wrote: »
    He probably thought the payout was worth the risk... he was wrong.

All the raptor animation was spot on too.... I was really impressed with it.

Raptor animation was the very first thing I animated for JP. I pretty much went through the first movie and and the making of documentaries and made a bunch of animations based off that, often times frame by frame.
  • edited November 2011
    Can someone post a video of the crotch death scene please! It would so make my day! :) !
  • edited November 2011
    nanotyrano wrote: »
    Can someone post a video of the crotch death scene please! It would so make my day! :) !

you can youtube search episode 4 deaths...it's in there.
  • edited November 2011
    "There's a Close right?" Love Billy's imitation of Nima and his facial expressions throughout that whole scene.
  • edited November 2011
    bubbledncr wrote: »
    Raptor animation was the very first thing I animated for JP. I pretty much went through the first movie and and the making of documentaries and made a bunch of animations based off that, often times frame by frame.

The Raptors were some of my favorite animations as well: a job well done!

The Dilophosaurs were nicely animated too: good to see them in action.

For the main characters, I found the dialogues between Dr. Harding and Dr. Sorkin the most interesting; they were pretty fierce and in-depth.
  • edited November 2011
    My favorite bit was when Nima and Gerry were out by the Brachiosaur enclosure and they had that really touching conversation. I don't know why, it just makes me think of nothing but Jurassic Park. Plus you find out about Nima and Marquita. Telltale was right. I fell in love with the characters! Except Billy of course..
  • edited November 2011
    I like Nima and Gerry Beside the Brachiosaurus Paddock, very touching, but by far some of my favourites scenes are ones with Jess in. I think Telltale did such a good job at portraying a fourteen year old girl. The way she desperately wants to grow up, by stealing Dr. Sorkins Cigarettes, and mentioning she wants to get a tattoo, but also once things get rough she tries to act brave, but always ends up running back to Gerry. Simply wonderful, favourite character.
  • edited November 2011
    my favorite bit was when Jess sneaked out to have a smoke. I absolutely LOVED how the raptor appeared while she was trying to get the lighter to work. So creepy and JP like! Awesome job on that one telltale!
  • edited November 2011
    I just saw the crotch death and it looked brutal! All the animations for this game were beautifuly rendered!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.