Little confused, looking for clarification (spoilers)

edited November 2011 in Jurassic Park
I've played through the game and beaten it only once, and perhaps I may have missed it the first time.

1. What exactly killed off the Bravo team? My guess is the Troodons attacked and in their shooting spree, they hit each other? Or that they were bit that led them into hallucinations and shot each other?

2. The Bravo team helicopter was leaving when it was shot down. Yoder clearly states it as so, to the effect of somebody didnt want Bravo team to leave. So if the helicopter was already taking off, what shot it down?

3. What was that canister that Yoder took from DCaf's body? He uses it in Episode 4, and I see some kinda gas hissing out of it. I only went through this scene once, so I must have missed what the contents of that canister were.

4. What are the trophies I keep hearing about? Something about getting the world's best dad in episode 1. That, along with many others? All I know is that when a QTE scene starts, there is a gold dino icon on the top right of the screen that allows one "penalty hit." If you fail once, the gold icon flips to a silver icon, and you get a couple more chances before it turns to bronze. Once the scene is over, a message comes across the top right stating your completion status: gold, silver, or bronze.

Are those the trophies? Or do you have to do something else to get trophies? Does it *specifically* state during gameplay that you've achieved a trophy?

Totally confused about these so-called trophies.

Thanks!

Comments

• edited November 2011
    1) Given the fact you clearly see troodon as you enter the visitor centre it's safe to assume thats what got them; though I'd wager it may of been the ptreadons or rex that took the chopper down since it seemed more mauled than simply crashed from a hallucinating pilot.

2) It's never said it was shot down, just it went down and there was shooting. See above answer for 3 possible answers.

3) It was an incendiary grenade, the one he uses in episode 4 to try and kill Nima, Jess and Gerry

4) Trophies/Achievements is referring to the PS3 and xbox versions; where all games have trophies/achievements to complete.
  • edited November 2011
    The troodon bites caused them to hallucinate. The last member of Bravo team they found can be questioned about the helicopter, and he admits to bringing it down, saying that he had to stop the Commies.
  • edited November 2011
    Yes. It was the hallucinating member. Took out his whole team.
  • edited November 2011
    Thanks! So to confirm, there are no trophies for the PC game? Just the completion of QTE as gold, silver, or bronze?
  • edited November 2011
    I was disspointed when I discovered I couldn't get achievements in the PC version.

I mean, how hard was to leave that part of the code in the final release?
  • edited November 2011
    MrSeyker wrote: »
    I was disspointed when I discovered I couldn't get achievements in the PC version.

Well quite tricky considering it calls up xbox and ps native code and graphics to produce the achievement dialogue and to give it a meaning (gamer score)
  • edited November 2011

Well if you got the game on Steam you get all the Steam achievements, I mean if you really care about that stuff. Would there have been much point for Telltale to integrate an achievement system for games bought in their own store? It's not like you can show them off to all your friends, unless all your friends happen to love Telltale games that is.
  • edited November 2011
    It's not about gamer scores, or bragging to your friends, it's about having an extra reward and motivation to play the game.

I'm replaying each chapter to make sure I get all gold. The achievements would add to that.
  • edited November 2011
    It's not about gamer scores, or bragging to your friends, it's about having an extra reward and motivation to play the game.

I'm replaying each chapter to make sure I get all gold. The achievements would add to that.

You are absolutely right. Maybe the achievements will be back in future updates? But then again I think of Sam+Max Nutrispecs which were also excluded in the PC version.:(
Sign in to comment in this discussion.