can't start up JP !?

edited January 2013 in Game Support
when i click on the shortcut i get an error with the text:

Error
Could not load game data!
Make sure you are running the application from the
directory it was installed to.
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Telltale Games\Jurassic Park The Game\GameData\JurassicPark100.exe"

how do i fix it?

Comments

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited November 2011
    That sounds like an incomplete installation, which can happen under certain circumstances.

Please make sure to follow these steps closely, depending on which operating system you run:
    Windows Vista/7/8:
    1. Right click JurassicPark100_Setup.zip and choose "Extract all".
    2. Confirm by pressing the "Extract" Button. It should automatically open the extracted folder after extraction.
    3. Start the installation by double clicking "JurassicPark100_Setup.exe".

Windows XP:
    2. In the new windows click the buttons [Next], [Next], then [Finish]. It should automatically open the extracted folder after extraction.

If you have a third party archiving tool installed, the options after right clicking might look a bit different. Just make sure that you extract the entire .zip file and change into the new folder, before you start "JurassicPark100_Setup.exe"
  • edited January 2013
    I have windows xp but none of what you just described comes up when i right click on the jurassic park icon in my start menu, the options are - add to archive / add to juraasic park101.rar / compress and email etc...

DjNDB wrote: »
    That sounds like an incomplete installation, which can happen under certain circumstances.

Please make sure to follow these steps closely, depending on which operating system you run:
    Windows Vista/7:
    2. Confirm by pressing the "Extract" Button. It should automatically open the extracted folder after extraction.

Windows XP:
    2. In the new windows click the buttons [Next], [Next], then [Finish]. It should automatically open the extracted folder after extraction.

If you have a third party archiving tool installed, the options after right clicking might look a bit different. Just make sure that you extract the entire .zip file and change into the new folder, before you start "JurassicPark100_Setup.exe"
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited January 2013
    sare wrote: »
    I have windows xp but none of what you just described comes up when i right click on the jurassic park icon in my start menu, the options are - add to archive / add to juraasic park101.rar / compress and email etc...

You have to right click on the JurassicPark100_Setup.zip you downloaded here and follow the other instructions then.
This discussion has been closed.