Chippy Music

edited August 2007 in Sam & Max
I really really want that cool music chippy plays in Reality 2.0 for my mobile phone as a ringtone. its sooo darn catchy! ive tried to convert the .aud files and it works but i just cant find the one with chippy in it. please someone tell me how to find the chippy tune!
Thanks a lot!

Comments

• edited May 2007
    It might be a .vox file, which I don't think are among the ones you can normally extract...
  • edited May 2007
    there are vox files in the data folder but there are like 100000000 of them and they dont have names but 4534574.vox and 235446.vox ;) so going through that would take quite long.
    so anybody any other ideas??
  • jmmjmm
    edited May 2007
    A few ideas:
    If you have two sound cards, you can easily record the output of one using the input line from the other.
    If you have one card, you can connect the output to an external sound device and record. Then you can reverse the setup and record in your computer.
    There are several programs that allow you to record sound. I can't vouch for a specific one.
    You can always use a microphone to record sound, but the quality will suck (unless you have audio editing tools)

What not to do:
    Trying to decode the Vox files since they are not regular Vox files and probably have some sort of encryption.
  • edited May 2007
    I'll try to rip the sound myself. (If I can do it, I'll definitely be setting it as my ring tone...)
  • edited May 2007
    Use:

http://telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2141

In Gamefolder/Data/Pack/Data there's all the vox files. Well, you don't want vox files.

All music files are conveniently labeled mus_xxx.aud

One of the chippy tunes is named mus_Office_vr.aud, which is the chippy tune for the office area. It's pretty self-explanatory.
  • edited May 2007
    I think they mean the one that plays when you use the bug on the Ping machine (I think his name is Chippy)
  • edited May 2007
    yeah i mean the music chippy (the "ping") computer plays when you put the bug on it. chippy floats up and down and up an down and this super cool 8bit music plays. you can also hear it in episode 6 when you enter the bliss.
    I NEED IT!!! ^^
  • edited May 2007
    Well, at long last, here it is: Chippy's song in MP3 format, doubled in comparison to its original length! Get it while it's hot! (meaning within the next week before YouSendIt takes it down)
  • edited May 2007
    YOU ARE MY HERO!!!!!!!!!
    THANK YOUUUUUU!!!!
    *transferring to mobile phone* ;)
  • edited August 2007
    Well, at long last, here it is: Chippy's song in MP3 format, doubled in comparison to its original length! Get it while it's hot! (meaning within the next week before YouSendIt takes it down)

Sorry for the necropost, but I would really like this song if anyone still has it kicking around and is willing to somehow transmit it to me...

Edit: Actually cancel that, I figured out how to do it myself. Hello (somewhat) original ringtone.
  • edited August 2007

If its not too much trouble, would you please (pretty please :p ) put up the link again? YouSendIt has already taken it down.

That is, if you don't mind, of course.
  • edited August 2007
    It says the file expired
  • edited August 2007
    Well I have it in MP3 format in a nice little loop. If my bandwidth doesn't get destroyed too quickly you guys can have it:

Its right here!
  • edited August 2007
    CADPAT wrote: »
    Well I have it in MP3 format in a nice little loop. If my bandwidth doesn't get destroyed too quickly you guys can have it:

Its right here!

I've uploaded it do some different places to ease your bandwidth :):

http://www.mediafire.com/?eolqmdfdezm
    http://files-upload.com/files/442347/chippy.mp3
    http://minorcrisis.net/files/chippy.mp3
  • edited August 2007
  • edited August 2007
    Isn't this on the soundtrack?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.