Ep6 Sounds like its underwater

edited May 2007 in Game Support
I just changed my computer, the new one has Vista and Realtek sound (My old one had Realtek sound as well though). The graphics are really smooth now not jerky like on my old laptop but the sound is terrible! Sam and Max sound like they are underwater. Is there anything I can do? I tried updating the drivers already.

Comments

• jmmjmm
    edited May 2007
    I had a similar problem and the culprit was one setting called 'virtualization' (or something like that) and another set to 'underwater' on an old computer that had a realtek sound *card*.

Check the realtek sound applet (if applicable, not all realtek's product have this applet) and check for anything like 3d emulation or virtualization and disable them.
    You can check on the sound config applet and on the volume settings applet for anything similar (under advanced settings).
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2007
    Yeah I agree with jmm, it sounds like your sound card has some sort of audio filtering turned on to make it sound "better" and/or "more cool," but is actually messing things up.
  • edited May 2007
    Ok I figured out that setting the graphics to low fixes the problem. :o Also running it in a Window does as well, kind of.

My laptop has a Core 2 Duo 1.66, 2GB RAM, GeForce GO 7400 and over 50GB free. Isnt that enough to have the graphics on high???

Maybe it is an issue with the video driver which there are no updates for right now although the graphics are fine its the sound that is messed up... :confused:
This discussion has been closed.