Spinosaurs vs Tyrannosaurs

edited December 2011 in Jurassic Park
ok people need to stop complaining, the spino on JP3 wasn't even the correct size as the original , he/she gets bigger than that, plus spino is bigger in comparison, much stronger arms bigger jaws, and more powerful body, so people stop complaing that the t-Rex should of won!

Comments

• edited November 2011
    ok people need to stop complaining, the spino on JP3 wasn't even the correct size as the original , he/she gets bigger than that, plus spino is bigger in comparison, much stronger arms bigger jaws, and more powerful body, so people stop complaing that the t-Rex should of won!

Hate to be a troll but i do believe that T-rex had the third biggest bite force in the history of the world...and spinosaurus doesnt even come near it.... in that seen the T-rex grabs the spino by its neck....it would have ended right there... top 3 bite forces belong to (and correct me if im wrong) #1 Charcharodon Megladon, #2 Dunkleosteus terreli #3 Tyrannosaurus Rex #4 The modern crocidillian (although im sure sarcosuchus is higher than modern crocs
  • edited November 2011
    SWGNATE wrote: »
    Hate to be a troll but i do believe that T-rex had the third biggest bite force in the history of the world...and spinosaurus doesnt even come near it.... in that seen the T-rex grabs the spino by its neck....it would have ended right there... top 3 bite forces belong to (and correct me if im wrong) #1 Charcharodon Megladon, #2 Dunkleosteus terreli #3 Tyrannosaurus Rex #4 The modern crocidillian (although im sure sarcosuchus is higher than modern crocs

there is a new one stronger than the t-rex Zhuchengtyrannus magnus, newest dino discovered related to the t-rex, jaws a lot stronger

heres the site: http://www.history.com/news/2011/04/04/t-rex-cousin-discovered-in-china/
  • edited November 2011
    Hmmm, looks like we may have a new logo and top predator for Jurassic Park: IV :p
  • edited November 2011
    and don't forget Spino was a FISH eater... he/she only hunted medium sized dinosaurs when there wasn't enough fish around to eat...and most of that dino meat was stolen /scavanged...
  • edited November 2011
    if spino was a fish eater, why did it go after eric, kirby, the woman, dr grant, billy, and that one bald guy forgot his name, i dont think the spino ate just fish
  • edited November 2011
    if spino was a fish eater, why did it go after eric, kirby, the woman, dr grant, billy, and that one bald guy forgot his name, i dont think the spino ate just fish

Because the director forgot that these are supposed to be animals, not horror movie monsters with endless appetites for whatever's around them.
  • edited November 2011
    Because the Spinosaurus in JPIII is not representative of the actual dinosaur (from what we can gleam from inferences based on fossil records). It could be argued that the T-Rex is inaccurate as well since it has no evidence of movement based vision. But overall it's a lot closer to how it would have been than the Spino and was based on research at the time, which is the debate of whether it was a hunter or a scavenger.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spinosaurus#Feeding
  • edited November 2011

I like Spinosaurus, but JPIII is total crap. WHY DID THEY KILL THE MASCOT?! It should've been Baryonyx, which is smaller but on the original embryo list, and there should've been a battle where the T-Rex won, just like the end of the first movie (T-Rex saves the day)

Spino was weak, a fish-eater (cone-like teeth and a mouth shaped for catching fish)
    T Rex is powerful and has jaws able to crush the Spinos neck. END OF STORY!

PS. It doesn't have bigger jaws, it has longer jaws. Used for fishing. It would not be able to kill a T-Rex.
  • edited November 2011
    Yeah... the Spino killing the Rex is the biggest thing that bugs me about /// I can forgive the raptors changing, I can forgive the short runtime, I can forgive the simple story, but I have a really hard time letting the Rex's defeat go.. but I suppose you could just chalk it up to the Spino just having a lucky day... and the Rex making a mistake. ... History is filled with unlikely longshots...

and........ there are plenty of hadrosaur fossils that show evidence that a Rex had taken chunks of meat and bone and still the animal had escaped.. They know this because the fossils show signs of healing.. So that proves that even IF the Rex got a hold of them it didnt necessarily mean it was game over... I think we can all agree that the Spino was probably tougher than hadrosaurs..
  • edited November 2011
    You may say whatever you want about what would happen in a real Spino and T-Rex duel but in Jurassic Park the dinosaur's DNA was different than it would have been in reality because of the many shortcuts InGen took to make the dinosaurs. So like the JP Velociraptor was larger than in reality the JP Spino was stronger and larger than in reality. So in this case the T-Rex wouldn't have ended the fight when it bit the Spino's neck because of the DNA inaccuracies when cloning.

So basically what I am trying to say is that the story of the film is fine and isn't inaccurate to real life because in the story itself the dinosaurs were slightly inaccurate. And when I say "isn't inaccurate to real life" I mean that if we were to clone the dinosaurs and in the process we alter their DNA the same thing could have happened.

So if you say that the T-Rex should have won it would basically be the same as saying that the Raptors are too big or that the T-Rex eyesight wasn't motion sensitive or that the Diliphosaurs couldn't spit and stuff like that.
  • edited December 2011
    Because the director forgot that these are supposed to be animals, not horror movie monsters with endless appetites for whatever's around them.

No... it wasn't the director. T'was the writers and producers that screwed up the beast. :P
  • edited December 2011
    To me the T-Rex in JP/// looks adolescent.
    Maybe the Rex wasn't strong enough yet?

I don't mind that the Spinosaurus won, but probably I would've liked it more when the Tyrannosaur won. Maybe with the Spino have to run off and to see a final battle later on.
  • edited December 2011
    CaMa85 wrote: »
    Maybe the Rex wasn't strong enough yet?
    Yep, it is.
  • edited December 2011
    there is a new one stronger than the t-rex Zhuchengtyrannus magnus, newest dino discovered related to the t-rex, jaws a lot stronger

heres the site: http://www.history.com/news/2011/04/04/t-rex-cousin-discovered-in-china/

Correct, however the greatest jaw strength of any animal that ever lived belongs to "Predator X" however T. Rex and Z. Magnus are very close in comparison if I remember correctly.
  • edited December 2011
    Well Spinosaurus shared its homeland with Carcharodontosaurus, which was larger than T Rex.

But both are Dwarfed by the Spinosaurus 17 meter long and weighing in at 8-20 tonnes.
    T Rex is small in comparison 12.8 meters and weighing at 6.8 tonnes.

But I have to agree in JP 3 the fact that T Rex got hold of Spinosaurus by the neck like he did should of meant big trouble for him. Also the Spinosaurus is likely to fight the Rex by slashing out with his powerful arms than by landing a crushing bite.

Also Mainly a fish eater =/= only eats fish, it would eat anything it can kill it just prefers fish if it can get them.

As for Predator X its unknown how much bite force it could really produce as parts of it is missing but it beleaved to be around 4x T. Rex and 10x more than any living animal.
  • edited December 2011
    CaMa85 wrote: »

There are theories that it's the baby rex from the second film grown up, though I'm not sure if anyone who worked on the film has gone on record about that one way or the other.
  • edited December 2011
    Woodsyblue wrote: »
    There are theories that it's the baby rex from the second film grown up, though I'm not sure if anyone who worked on the film has gone on record about that one way or the other.

its a pretty solid probability.. sadly it also means that it was likely the last rex on the island.
  • edited December 2011
    Irishmile wrote: »
    its a pretty solid probability.. sadly it also means that it was likely the last rex on the island.

well they released several t-rex's on the island if you havent played trespasser, so there are probably a couple more
  • edited December 2011
    Well... I do not really consider Trespasser canon.
  • edited December 2011
    I own a Spinosaurus Aegyptigus tooth and on its way over to Australia the tip unfortunately broke. So, I think if I Spino tried to kill a Rex it would have less teeth then a old person!
  • edited December 2011
    nanotyrano wrote: »
    I own a Spinosaurus Aegyptigus tooth and on its way over to Australia the tip unfortunately broke. So, I think if I Spino tried to kill a Rex it would have less teeth then a old person!

I wouldn't call that conclusive. I would presume that theropod predators were capable of replacing teeth.
  • edited December 2011
    I admit that battle did bug me but it could just be that T-Rex is my favorite. However we don't know the full details,so we can only assume. We don't know wither the T-Rex was full grown or not (i'd like to think that it wasn't) or that the Spino was the right size. We cant really know the outcome, personally i think killing off the "mascot" wasn't the best idea. However the fight could have gone either way BUT the way they showed it in the movie the Rex had the Spinos neck in its jaws at least twice, so it should have been over after that considering the bite force of the animal.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.