No music in Episode 6

edited May 2007 in Game Support
Well, as the title suggest, for some strange reason I don't have any music in Episode 6...

When the "TellTaleGames Presents" text showed, I was a little disappointed that there was no intro sax-solo as usual, but since the main theme played through the credits, I didn't worry too much... but, after that, no music... only ambience (and speech and sfx of course). I've never had any problems with the other episodes, so... huh??

And before anyone asks, I've checked the volume slider.

Comments

• JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2007
    Checked the volume slider? :) Seriously though, other than that you'll have to ask Emily or Ryan.
  • edited May 2007
    Jake wrote: »
    Seriously though, other than that you'll have to ask Emily or Ryan.

I thought I just did that by posting here...? :confused:

;)

Damn... I can't play the game without music :mad:
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2007
    :( What a weird problem. Did you do any sound or directx driver updating between episodes 5 and 6?

Also, can you send us a dxdiag file like the guys in this thread? It might help us track down the issue.
  • edited May 2007
    Mh, obviously I DID update my DirectX to it's newest 9.0c version (at least the memory of it is somehow there), since now I don't have any music in the other episodes as well (looks like I haven't played them since the update). I've already updated my sound-drivers accordingly, but that didn't help. Any ideas how to get back to an older version of DirectX?

I'll send my DxDiag-file to you anyway, so maybe someone can make something out of the blah in there...
  • jmmjmm
    edited May 2007
    I think your sound driver is having problems with DX9. Can you hear the sound/music using the DirectX diagnostic tool (dxdiag.exe, Sound and Music Pages)?
    If not, try re-installing your sound drivers. If that fails, you can try reinstalling DX9 and if that fails reinstall a previous version of DX.

If you hear sound and music in the diagnostic tool, then something odd is happening with your computer.
  • edited May 2007
    Yep, the music and sound tests in the diagnostics tool are working. I've already updated my sound-drivers as well, which didn't help. And neither did a re-installation of DirectX. Installing a previous version of DirectX isn't that easy, since it doesn't allow "downdating" nor uninstalling it.
This discussion has been closed.