Back to the Future............doesn't work

edited December 2011 in Game Support
Well, it seems like Doc's going to be stuck in 1931 for a long time. I just recently bought Back to the Future 4 (I don't refer to it as The Game) to play on my Windows 7 PC. When I bought the DVD, I also downloaded Episode 1 just to see how it works. It lagged like a poorly uploaded Youtube video (you know, where the sound and the video are COMPLETELY out of sync). I got out of it and tried uninstalling it and reinstalling. Now it doesn't work at all.

When the DVD finally came, I installed it and sat down to watch. Episodes 2-5 seem to work. Episode 1? Still nothing. All it asks is if I "want the following program from an unknown publisher to make changes on this computer". No matter how many times I hit "yes", it completely ignores me. The damn thing doesn't even give me an error message! It just ignores me.

When I uninstall it and try to delete the folder to start from scratch it even tells me that I can't delete the folder because it's still open EVEN THOUGH IT AND EVERYTHING IN IT ARE COMPLETELY CLOSED!!!!

So long story short, can someone please tell me how to get BttF4 working? I really want to see it, but it doesn't work at all (typical of a PC game. Why can't this just be released for the X-Box 360?).

Comments

• puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2011
    Can you reboot your PC and try uninstalling again?
    • Go to Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a program
    • Find BTTF in the list, right-click and select Uninstall
    • If there are multiple entries for BTTF in the list, uninstall all of them.

Then try installing all the episodes fresh from the DVD.
  • edited December 2011
    *In Doc's voice* IT WORKS!! IT WORKS!!

For the most part, that is. The audio is perfect and everything plays alright, but the video is jerky as anything. How do you fix that?
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2011
    Try dropping the graphics settings down a few notches.
This discussion has been closed.