S&M in Vista: Resolutions above 1024x768 are gone

edited May 2007 in Game Support
Hi all-

I'm new to the Sam & Max games and just recently started playing them via Gametap. Originally, I was able to play in resolutions up to 1600x1200 in Vista. However, since I installed recent Nvidia drivers (158.18), my resolutions above 1024x768 are unavailable. These resolutions can still be set in Windows (every possible choice up through my monitor's max of 1920x1200), but the game itself caps at 1024x768. Where does S&M check for available resolutions? This seems to be the issue and I suspect it may be a Vista only issue. I've seen mention of a prefs.prop file, but I can't seem to find that in the Gametap version of the game.

Anyone have any ideas? I'd really like to play this in higher resolution if possible. Reverting back to the old NVidia driver really isn't an option as the newer one works so much better for other games.

Thanks.

Comments

• JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2007
    I run Vista and don't have issues scaling up to different resolutions above 1024...

Just out of curiosity, does this happen in every episode, or just in Culture Shock? There was a bug in Culture Shock where if your display didn't support 1280x1024 native resolution, you couldn't scroll past that to get to 1600x1200. This was fixed in subsequent episodes, and will be rolled back into Culture Shock in the future, but that might be what's catching you up.

If you search this forum for posts about 1280 x 1024 or 1600 x 1200 resolution, you'll probably find some workarounds people have found for skipping past that resolution glitch in Culture Shock.

Sorry for the difficulty (if that is in fact your problem!). We'll be fixing it soon!
  • edited May 2007
    Thanks, Jake. It looks like that was the issue- I started up Episode 2 and was able to pick 1600x1200. I'm quite a ways in to Culture Shock already, so I'll just finish that up at 1024x768 and then be able to use 16x12 for the other episodes.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2007
    Good to hear. Sorry for the troubles!
This discussion has been closed.