Jeep not looking like in the movies!

edited December 2011 in Jurassic Park
So the game is great however the designers made a big mistake. The jeeps in the movie was a iconic image. They were 1993 wranglers and as the huge jeep community knows they were the first years of the SQUARE HEAD LIGHTS. The games jeeps have the circled headlights. I loved that syle so much I bought one. Wish they would fix this but they most likely won't.

Comments

• edited December 2011
    It's not a question of will, but of rights. They don't have the right to use the official Jeep look, and it's not really worth the cost to get them for what little they would add to the game and so the vehicles are Jeep like instead.
  • edited December 2011
    interestingly the tour vehicle in the game looked pretty much like the movie-used 1992 ford explorer XLT.
  • edited December 2011
    tope1983 wrote: »
    interestingly the tour vehicle in the game looked pretty much like the movie-used 1992 ford explorer XLT.

Ah, but with Jeep, the front of their vehicles has been part of their logo, so double trademark there.
  • edited December 2011
    Well the interior of the jeep is great however jeeps trademarks mainly are the circle headlights. These circle headlights are what jeep is known for. I agree though they won't go back and change it. Just a little upset that my favorite part of the movie was not depicted accurately.
  • edited December 2011
    man it's just a jeep, though the design would be sweet to have in my drive way,
  • edited December 2011
    Dfear1 wrote: »
    Well the interior of the jeep is great however jeeps trademarks mainly are the circle headlights. These circle headlights are what jeep is known for. I agree though they won't go back and change it. Just a little upset that my favorite part of the movie was not depicted accurately.

Again, it's not like they wanted to depict it incorrectly. It costs quite a bit to secure copyrighted material.
  • edited December 2011
    I hate these threads, hate them so much. Jeep is a bitch when it comes to copyright, one little thing that says JEEP on a car and you're shit out of luck.
  • edited December 2011
    Just something I thought I'd point out no hard feelings folks
  • edited December 2011
    Just something I thought I'd point out no hard feelings folks

No hard feelings at all. We're just pointing out that it's a copyright issue. I realize that for some, the JP Jeep is as iconic as the DeLorean in BTTF. I'm not one of them, so it doesn't bother me. I would've been far more peeved if they'd have left the DMC logo off the front of the DeLorean, or had to alter the car to be copyright-friendly.
  • Sinaz20Sinaz20 Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2011

I thought Jeep's big identifying trademark signature was the seven slot grille.
  • edited December 2011
    I thought the Jeep's big identifying trademark, as far as the Jurassic Park series is concerned, is the Jurassic Park Logo on the doors as well as the color of the jeeps. Seeing how the game got both of those right, I don't see a problem with having to change the shape of the lights and a few other very slight changes to keep the jeeps in the game.
  • edited December 2011
    Sinaz20 wrote: »
    I thought Jeep's big identifying trademark signature was the seven slot grille.

Pretty sure it's both.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.