delux edition

edited December 2011 in Jurassic Park
can someone please tell me when i would be getting the delux edition in the mail ?

Comments

• Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited December 2011
    The Deluxe Edition should start shipping pretty soon (the item's page in the Telltale Store has the expected ship date as December 15).
    Depending on where you live, once the package is shipped, transit can take as little as a few days (for continental US) to several weeks (in the holiday period, it's not rare for a package shipped via USPS to take 4 to 6 weeks to reach a foreign country, especially as packages can get delayed by customs).
  • edited December 2011
    I just got mine today because there is a shipping spot only 3 hours away from me.
  • edited December 2011
    Got any photo, please ? For waiting europeans.
  • edited December 2011
    I just mine today!! Awesome! Love the "New Employee Kit" theme!
  • edited December 2011
    Wow. I have to say, I'm really impressed with the quality of the feelies. This is way more impressive than the Monkey Island and Back to the Future special edition packages and even -- I hate to say it -- the Sam and Max case files. The patch, the ID badge, the map, the field guide -- everything seems to be made of pretty quality material. The only thing printed on cheap paper is the letter from John Hammond, and that makes perfect sense. I love the "new employee kit" theme. This isn't just a random collection of merchandise or props from the game; these are all items that make sense within the "new employee" theme and world of the film franchise. I love the unfolding Jurassic Park door design of the employee brochure/map. I love the bilingual English and Japanese employee information and the fake "Kadok" film advertisement. I haven't looked through the field guide very much yet, but it looks really impressive and really well put together. And pretty thick, too -- it looks longer than I had expected. I love -- and I'm sure Rashing Dashing would love if he had any interest in the game -- that there are InGen logos on everything but not a Telltale or Universal logo in sight.

The actual game might not have been Telltale's best, but this is a really amazing special edition package. I had completely forgotten about this before it arrived today, and I frankly didn't have very high expectations about it after the last couple special editions and after playing the game itself, but I can honestly say that I'm really impressed with the package.

My one complaint is that this wasn't shipped inside of another box. When I opened my door this afternoon to check the mail, there was the special edition package itself just sitting there on my doorstep completely open and exposed. My first thought was that one of my neighbors had received it by mistake, opened it and then just left the contents on my doorstep -- which would have been a really weird thing for them to do, but at that moment it seemed less weird than the thought that Telltale would just send the game box itself. But then I noticed that the shipping label was just slapped onto the bottom of the box, and I realized that Telltale had done just that. So now it's kind of annoying that there's just a shipping label with Telltale's and my address stuck to the box. I guess it kind of makes sense, since everything is designed to look like an InGen new employee kit that would have been sent as-is within the world of the game, but it's still really annoying.
  • edited December 2011
    Hey mateo360, here are some pictures for you of the deluxe edition:
    jurassic_park_the_game_deluxe_edition_by_ghansen89-d4je8ri.jpg
    jurassic_park_the_game_deluxe_edition_box_by_ghansen89-d4je8zf.jpg
    Faceslasher also uploaded a lot more detailed pictures at: http://imgur.com/a/q5YaY#0
  • edited December 2011
    Just got mine today, the packaging was pretty non-descript. Took me a bit to realize it read InGen, and that my Employee's Package had finally arrived.
  • edited December 2011
    Wow. I did not even get a notification that it shipped. Got home from work a couple minutes ago and saw a non-descript box sitting on my bed, and immediately thought, "Oh lord, what idiot spam-mail company is sending me crap now." And then I saw InGen and flipped out. In a very good way. I love this, especially the LETTER FROM HAMMOND! The whole thing is just fantastic, and as much as I loved the Back to the Future stuff, this stuff is better. I was expecting the Field Guide to just be the same stuff from Sorkin's Journal in the game, and I was surprised to find that that wasn't the case at all. The only problem is that now I have to find something that I will continue to wear time and time again to put the patch on. I am, however, going to try and wear the badge to work on Tuesday.
  • edited December 2011
    Got mine today. Really cool. Think I'll do an unboxing video or something.
  • edited December 2011
    Anyone else planning on converting that Temp ID badge into a legit one?
  • edited December 2011
    You can get your own badge with any picture and name you wish here,
    http://www.jurassicjeep.com/shop/jurassic-park-employee-id-badge/
    This way you don't have to cut or edit your badge from the Collectors edition

If I'm not mistake Telltale worked out a deal with them to get the badges used in the collectors edition (don't hold me on that I remember reading somewhere a connection between the two but I'm not sure if that was true)
  • edited December 2011
    Wow i'm going to be so pissed if my box is completely ruined when it gets here. I bet the mail guys think the side that has the address is the "top" side so the Ingen logo is going to get all scratched up as its moved around. Ugh, Knowing the mailman that comes to my house, he's provably going to bust an Ace Ventura and kick my box to my door step.

=O somebody please make an unboxing video
  • edited December 2011
    TheSniper9 wrote: »
    You can get your own badge with any picture and name you wish here,
    http://www.jurassicjeep.com/shop/jurassic-park-employee-id-badge/
    This way you don't have to cut or edit your badge from the Collectors edition

If I'm not mistake Telltale worked out a deal with them to get the badges used in the collectors edition (don't hold me on that I remember reading somewhere a connection between the two but I'm not sure if that was true)
    But I don't want to shell another $10...
  • Sixteen60Sixteen60 ModeratorFormer Telltale Staff
    edited December 2011
    TheSniper9 wrote: »

Nope - we didn't work with them on it. We took the art our dev team had created for the game and added stuff for the back. The game art was identical to the passes worn in the movie and that was our goal - to be as authentic as possible to the movie (and filling the gaps where we had to with best available knowledge, or worst case, something that would fit and be in-keeping with the JP world without breaking canon).

We used all available sources; the movie of course, the book (where it didn't contradict the movie), JPLegacy and some stuff from the folks at Universal. There's all sorts of details I could go into about how stuff was made and decisions we made, so if questions pop up when you get your deluxe edition, I'll be glad to answer them.

We recorded an unboxing video last week, which will hopefully go live this coming week.
  • edited December 2011
    Sixteen60 wrote: »
    Nope - we didn't work with them on it. We took the art our dev team had created for the game and added stuff for the back. The game art was identical to the passes worn in the movie and that was our goal - to be as authentic as possible to the movie (and filling the gaps where we had to with best available knowledge, or worst case, something that would fit and be in-keeping with the JP world without breaking canon).

We used all available sources; the movie of course, the book (where it didn't contradict the movie), JPLegacy and some stuff from the folks at Universal. There's all sorts of details I could go into about how stuff was made and decisions we made, so if questions pop up when you get your deluxe edition, I'll be glad to answer them.

We recorded an unboxing video last week, which will hopefully go live this coming week.
    If only you had an in-depth behind the scenes of the game similar to the Making Of's from the Box Sets of the movie. From Pre-Productions to Publishing with things like VO sessions with the cast, all the sources used to create things, etc.

Question: Is it a possibility later on to offer custom ID cards based on customer's pictures and names and ID numbers, the addition of the back feels superior to anything Jurassic Jeep offers.
  • edited December 2011
    i just got mine today and alls i can say is WOW!! TellTale you have out done yourself to huge JP fan since 93! this is like a dream box! i freakin love it especially the John Hammond letter reading it i flet like i was a lil kid again the only thing that i was eh bout was taht my shipping label is on the back of teh box and its tricky to peel off and not ruin it for a collector like me, but...wow thank you so much telltale this deluxe JP set was beyond what i expected and so freakin AWESOOME!!!
  • edited December 2011
    You guys did a PHENOMINAL job! I'm so proud! Urrrm....quick question. Where on the SoundTrack is the music for the Action Montage?
  • edited December 2011
    I got mines today, and let me tell you this was awesome!! I love the employee kit type thing you did with it, and upon reading the letter, it was just awesome, then opening it to find the brochure with the map, it was just epic like no lie. Then the temporary pass, I'm gonna go where that around now just cuz it is freaking cool. The JP badge was also cool, I'm not ironing it on though, I'm keeping it. The booklet is just so well done it isn't even funny, I never imagined it would look so cool. The game box design and stuff was great and the CD art was a freakin win. I loved everything bout it. Im makin an unboxing video, uploading onto youtube as we speak. I will post it later :) thanx TellTale Games for making this my first and best game I've ever bought from you
Sign in to comment in this discussion.