How Well Has This Game Sold?

edited December 2011 in Jurassic Park
Well it has been about a month since the game was released, so this question has finally set in. I'm not sure how to look such numbers up (unlike box office numbers, which I know where to go to look up), but has this game been financially successful for Telltale? Did it meet, surpass, or fall short of their sales expectations? Which system/platform has it sold on the most? Anyone able to find out somewhere? Or perhaps a team member would like to reveal? Not that it really matters to me, for I own the game and love it (and eagerly await the Deluxe Edition box set when it ships). But it is a common curiosity, and I just HOPE that it did well for Telltale given how much time, effort, and risk they put into it. I have a feeling that this game has probably just "met" expectations in sales, mostly from us fans. I'm fairly certain the game also sold most units on the PC/Download, especially because of the Deluxe Edition that it is exclusive for (I was originally going to get the XBOX 360 version before they announced the Deluxe set, and I still intend to when it goes down in price). What do you guys think, and Telltale team don't be shy to let us know the real info./figures! :)

Comments

• edited December 2011
    Finding out the sales of downloadable titles is tricky, so I can't find any info on how well the PC and PS3 versions have sold, but the Xbox 360 version of the game has only sold about 67,000 copies.

Pretty disappointing, but at the same time it's not a surprise. So much other stuff came out in November that JP was pretty much guaranteed to get swept away.
    And also it wasn't very good.
  • edited December 2011
    What wasn't? You talking about JP:TG? ^^
  • edited December 2011
    nanotyrano wrote: »
    What wasn't? You talking about JP:TG? ^^

Yeah man, the game kinda blows.
  • edited December 2011
    I bought it... I think Icedhope bought it as well... so thats two sales right there...
    Joking aside.. I bet it sold fairly well... the franchise having a decent sized fan base... being released on disc simultaneously during the holiday shopping season.

I do not think TTG has ever publicly released their sales numbers... I have always been curious how all their games stack up against each other sales wise.
  • edited December 2011
    Irishmile wrote: »
    I bought it... I think Icedhope bought it as well... so thats two sales right there...
    Joking aside.. I bet it sold fairly well... the franchise having a decent sized fan base... being released on disc simultaneously during the holiday shopping season.

I do not think TTG has ever publicly released their sales numbers... I have always been curious how all their games stack up against each other sales wise.

Back to the Future is their best-selling game, if I'm correct. I think Tales of Monkey Island is second. I know sometime before BttF came out I heard Tales being their best-seller from somewhere...

It would be good to see a complete sales ranking, but given the sheer number of places Telltale's games can be bought (Telltale Store, Steam, Gametap for the first two Sam and Max seasons, iOS, consoles...) I have a feeling not even they know the complete statistics.
  • edited December 2011
    I dunno you would think they would be able to track all that... otherwise how do they report their earnings at the end of the tax year?
  • edited December 2011
    Irishmile wrote: »
    I dunno you would think they would be able to track all that... otherwise how do they report their earnings at the end of the tax year?

They get an accountant.
  • edited December 2011
    I went into Best buy today for a copy of Jurassic Park and the gunstringer and they had neither game... :(
Sign in to comment in this discussion.