Steam Treasure Hunt! (ON-TOPIC)

edited December 2011 in Jurassic Park
So, it looks like Valve is planning a big Christmas event. A whole bunch of Steam games have gotten holiday-themed achievements added...including Jurassic Park.

Just thought that was worth mentioning. I think it's pretty cool that Telltale's taking more of a part in the Steam community.

Also, not sure if anyone on the Telltale Team can answer this, but did you have to actually update the game for this (i.e.: adding new lines), or is it just simply throwing in a new achievement?

EDIT: Poker Night at the Inventory and Puzzle Agent 2 have Christmas achievements as well!

Comments

• edited December 2011
    Doesn't seem like it required any addition to the game really.

I'm fairly certain you were always able to tell Miles to forget it at the dock and he'd offer a bonus; I think I even did it on my play through.
  • edited December 2011
    Emo Hoe wrote: »
    Doesn't seem like it required any addition to the game really.

I'm fairly certain you were always able to tell Miles to forget it at the dock and he'd offer a bonus; I think I even did it on my play through.

So it seems. Ah well, at least I got a free achievement.
  • edited December 2011
    A pity that those of us who ordered Deluxe Editions through the Telltale store won't be able to get these achievements, since we don't have versions of the game linked to our Steam accounts. ;_;
  • edited December 2011
    Archaic wrote: »
    A pity that those of us who ordered Deluxe Editions through the Telltale store won't be able to get these achievements, since we don't have versions of the game linked to our Steam accounts. ;_;

Yeah, I was going to say the same :(

I always buy Telltale games from here and I'd like to have them all on Steam but I'm not going to buy them twice! It's a pity...

PD: Should be nice to have a Steam-code, like with Poker Night...
  • edited December 2011
    nomecopies wrote: »

Or Devil's Playhouse... Where the reason was a Steam promotion deal.
  • edited December 2011
    There was a thread on the first page of the customer support forums asking about Steam, so instead of making a brand new thread, I've bumped it up and posted about these concerns. Hopefully someone from Telltale will listen and take pity on us.

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27142
  • edited December 2011
    LASD wrote: »
    Or Devil's Playhouse... Where the reason was a Steam promotion deal.

I didn't knew that... I bought Devil's Playhouse but didn't get any Steam code :confused:
  • edited December 2011
    I didn't knew that... I bought Devil's Playhouse but didn't get any Steam code :confused:
    I believe only preorderers got a Steam key.

There was a TF2 cross-promotion. People who preordered The Devil's Playhouse received Max's Head in TF2. So they made an exception and handed out Steam keys. That was the first time. Poker Night was the second exception. Those are the only two, I think?
  • edited December 2011

Wait what? Another potential Xmas Achievement I can obtain? :P How do I get a steam key from my poker night purchase here? :D
  • edited December 2011
    You had to have pre-ordered Poker Night here on Telltale. If you did, then check your old emails.
  • edited December 2011
    Archaic wrote: »
    You had to have pre-ordered Poker Night here on Telltale. If you did, then check your old emails.
    Oh pre orders only :( thanks anyway
  • SegSeg
    edited December 2011
    If you got Poker Night at the Inventory from TelltaleGames.com, you need to go to this URL while logged into your Telltale Games account. There you should have your Steam key.

http://www.telltalegames.com/tf2unlocks
  • edited December 2011
    Can we be provided a key for JP?
  • edited December 2011
    I don't think you guys understand how this works. If TT gave out steam codes for every game they sale in their own store, they're essentially losing a sale (don't forget, Valve takes a cut on steam purchases, I'm sure).

I buy all TT games direct from TT in an effort to better support them and their work. Am I disappointed that I won't get the achievements for some of the newer games? Sure. But that's my own fault, in a way. If you think the achievements are so important, then buy the game(s) on Steam instead.

Besides, if you were one of us who preordered JP way back when, then you got the game for free (or the deluxe edition for $5), using a coupon code they gave us back when the game was delayed. So now that the game is on sale for $15 on Steam (today), you'd still come out ahead in the end.

I'm not saying I don't understand why you all feel this way, but think things through a bit first. Knowing TT, if it was reasonable to give out Steam codes for JP, they would have done it.

All that said...for those who missed it: http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=570817&postcount=12. Another perfect example of TT going above and beyond. But come on people, try not to take advantage of their awesomely awesome customer service too much...
  • edited December 2011
    Can we be provided a key for JP?

Entitlement much? :p

Poker Night got a Steam key because...

1. The Steam version had special content (namely, the ability to unlock TF2 items), and it would be unfair to leave out those who bought the game from the Telltale Store.

2. Since Valve allowed the Heavy to appear in Poker Night, I'm guessing they made money off the game no matter where it was bought.

Emphasis on #2 there. If Telltale always gave codes to get their games on Steam for free, they'd be cheating Valve out of the money they'd normally get from Steam sales. Not that such a thing would be possible without Valve's permission anyway.

But really, you're not missing out by not having the Steam version of the game. It's identical to the Telltale Store version with the exception of having achievements, which really isn't a big deal (unless you want the gift from the Holiday Bonus achievement). If you wanted to earn the achievements, you should have just bought it on Steam.
  • edited December 2011
    If Telltale always gave codes to get their games on Steam for free, they'd be cheating Valve out of the money they'd normally get from Steam sales.

Not exactly. If somebody bought the game here at TT Store, they're not probably going to buy it again on Steam.
  • edited December 2011
    Not exactly. If somebody bought the game here at TT Store, they're not probably going to buy it again on Steam.

True. But there's a big difference between not getting something you didn't pay for and getting it. The main difference being that whoever's selling it doesn't take the latter so well. ;)

And besides, since they have the exact same game already, they shouldn't want the Steam version.
  • edited December 2011
    Seg wrote: »
    If you got Poker Night at the Inventory from TelltaleGames.com, you need to go to this URL while logged into your Telltale Games account. There you should have your Steam key.

http://www.telltalegames.com/tf2unlocks

:eek: Many hugs and kisses... in a very hetrosexual manly sort of way:guybrush:
Sign in to comment in this discussion.