Sam and Max Season 1 (pc) on Mac. PLEASE HELP.

edited January 2012 in Game Support
I have Sam and Max S:1 for PC. Is there any way to play Sam and Max on mac without buying it in another version.

Comments

• edited December 2011
    As far as I know it's not available for Mac at all though hopefully that will change in the future. When it might happen I don't know but rest assured that if you own the PC version through Telltale's site then you'll have free access to the Mac version if/when it comes out. Until then, I believe there are ways to get the PC version to work on a Mac but that is outside my area of expertise.
  • edited December 2011
    As far as I know it's not available for Mac at all though hopefully that will change in the future. When it might happen I don't know but rest assured that if you own the PC version through Telltale's site then you'll have free access to the Mac version if/when it comes out. Until then, I believe there are ways to get the PC version to work on a Mac but that is outside my area of expertise.

Thank you, how would I get the mac version (if it was out).
  • edited December 2011
    If you go to your game section on this site (click the little joystick in the top right corner) and it'll show you what games you own and the links to download them. For games that just have a PC release there only be a 'PC Download' button next to the game/episode but if there's a Mac version available there would be a button with 'Apple [the logo] Download' on it.
  • Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited December 2011
    I have recently played the whole season on Mac with CrossOver Games and did not encounter any problem.
    I originally bought it to play Tales of Monkey Island when my PC died and I switched (upgraded?) to a Mac and have since played through the two Bone games, Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures and the first season of Sam & Max with no issues.
    It's a bit expensive for just one season of one game, though, so you might want to try Wine, which apparently helps run the game just fine on a Mac (here's more info for the first episode).
  • edited December 2011
    Well I forgot to say, that the S&M I bought was disc based not downloaded from the Telltale site.
  • Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited January 2012
    Since the Sam & Max disc was not purchased from Telltale, you would have to emulate a PC on your Mac (via Wine, CrossOver Games, Bootcamp, Parallels, VMWare Fusion,...) to run it, or re-purchase it once (if) the Mac version becomes available.
    While Telltale has yet to make a Mac version, they did say (almost 2 years ago) that they would release Mac versions of their other games in the future (they actually said "within the course of this year", but they got pretty busy after that), so you might want to invest in the future by taking advantage of their current $9.99/season sale.
  • edited January 2012
    Macfly77 wrote: »
    Since the Sam & Max disc was not purchased from Telltale, you would have to emulate a PC on your Mac (via Wine, CrossOver Games, Bootcamp, Parallels, VMWare Fusion,...) to run it, or re-purchase it once (if) the Mac version becomes available.
    While Telltale has yet to make a Mac version, they did say (almost 2 years ago) that they would release Mac versions of their other games in the future (they actually said "within the course of this year", but they got pretty busy after that), so you might want to invest in the future by taking advantage of their current $9.99/season sale.

Thanks for everything.
This discussion has been closed.