Sam & Max Season 1 - Culture Shock having "updating" issues on Steam

IJ-IJ-
edited January 2012 in Game Support
Hi, all.

I'm trying to start up S1E1 of Sam & Max, "Culture Shock", which I acquired via Steam. Now, it's acting as though the game is being updated, and is stuck there and won't let me launch it. I would actively consider reinstalling the game if I didn't have any saved games in progress, but I really do not like reinstalling if I don't absolutely have to. Any ideas of what to do? Where are the game save states stored? If I can back them up, reinstall, then restore, I'd definitely take that route. While I do like "replay value", I would rather not have to deal with replaying the entire game just so I could get back to this point in the game if I have to reinstall the game.

Thanks.

--IJ.

Comments

• IJ-IJ-
    edited January 2012
    Forgot to add that this is for Windows, not the Mac. Checked the usual app and user home directories, as well as the registry. No dice.
  • edited January 2012
    Did you try verifying the integrity of the game cache in Steam?

The saves are stored in the game's main installation directory, with a .save extension.
  • IJ-IJ-
    edited January 2012
    Did you try verifying the integrity of the game cache in Steam?

Good call! I feel like a bonehead for not thinking of this one. Performed the check and sure enough, it had to redo a very small part of it. Fired up like a champ afterward.

Sorry for the derp moment on my part and thanks for the assistance.
    The saves are stored in the game's main installation directory, with a .save extension.

Noted. If anything, that'll help me when I go to my laptop to play. :3

--IJ.
This discussion has been closed.