JP Won't Load for Mac OSX 10.6

edited January 2012 in Game Support
Just bought Snow Leopard today and JP and was able to play the game for about 30 minutes... then I pressed spacebar and it took me to the rock wall page (blank, with the fossil) and I had no cursor, but could hear it landing on options. This happened multiple times. Then I restarted my computer because I couldn't get out of that page on fullscreen, and now I cannot re-load the game at all. It takes me to the page with the island for a second and then to a mysterious page that has horizontal lines on it and a bunch of weird stuff. Then it immediately closes and I get a message saying that it quit unexpectedly. Trying to re-load it always leads to the same response...

I don't really know what's wrong but it's really frustrating me, especially since I just bought it.

BTW, I'm not familiar with a ton of technological jargon so go easy on me.

Thanks for your help... it's super annoying.

Comments

• edited January 2012
    I'm No Expert, But I'd Say It's A Graphical Problem... I've Never Used MacOS' Either.. So Really, I Can't Help Much But To Say, If You Can Manage To Get That Far (Maybe By Closing Other Processes?), Then Try Setting The Graphics As Low As You Can. And The Resolution. Which You MAY Be Able To Do In The .exe's Properties. At Least, You Can On Windows...

Maybe You Can Set It To Run On Forced Specifics Under Your Graphics Card's Control Centre Thing... Like I Can With Nvidia? What Card *Do* You Have, If Any?

...THAT Could Be The Problem, Too, Maybe You Have A Chipset Not A Graphics Card?
  • edited January 2012
    Everything else is closed when I try to play! And card...? I don't know. Whatever my 2008 MacBook came with. All I know is I'm pissed about it. Mainly because I just bought it and can't even play past the first episode...
  • edited January 2012
    Hmmr, You Don't Know?

Try Opening The Command Prompt And Typing The Following..

"system_profiler SPDisplaysDataType"

It Should Give You, Only The Graphics Information.

..Found Out How To Open It:

"Mac OS X is built on a version of Unix called Darwin. To access the Unix command prompt in Mac OS X, open the Terminal application. It is located by default inside the Utilities folder, which in turn is inside the Applications folder."
  • edited January 2012
    This is what it says when I do that:

NVIDIA GeForce 9400M:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
    Type: GPU
    Bus: PCI
    VRAM (Total): 256 MB
    Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
    Device ID: 0x0863
    Revision ID: 0x00b1
    ROM Revision: 3385
    Displays:
    Color LCD:
    Resolution: 1280 x 800
    Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
    Main Display: Yes
    Mirror: Off
    Online: Yes
    Built-In: Yes

By the way, I just installed Lion OS X and I have a NEW problem.

Now, when I open it, it takes me to the username page for about 2 seconds and then immediately closes. Then, I hear the sounds of the T. Rex but cannot see anything. When I click on the icon to try and see the game page, it immediately quits unexpectedly... even when I restart and try again.

Completely unplayable game I just paid for
  • edited January 2012
    Hmmr... I'm Sorry, I Really Don't Know... And I Apologise For Taking So Long..

The Only Thing I Can Think Of, Is That, Because It's A 9400M, It's Not Supported...

You See, The "M" Models (For Laptops) Tend To Not Be As... Good.. As The Standard Desktop Models.. For Obvious Reasons... And Therefore Are Rarely Fully Supported By Games, I Find...

I'm Sorry That I Am Unable To Be Of Assistance.
This discussion has been closed.