Music Story Guessing Game

edited February 2012 in Forum Games
So, on the way to college I thought of a great idea for a game.

Basically we take a band, artist or, well yeah, a band or artist, or anybody involved with music, and use the titles of the songs they performed (or even composed in the case of classic music composers) in a short story, which can be about anything, and be any length. Others will then need to guess the artist or band or composer or whatever. Perhaps as an added difficulty you should / could list all songs, but that might be a bit too much for some people.

Also, afterwards, add your own story, or, if you can't think of one, just pass. If the answer is wrong, don't worry, they can tell you if it's wrong or not.

Anyway, as an example, I'll begin with an easy one.

On a sunday morning, I've got a wake up call from my girlfriend. She thought I was never gonna leave this bed. "It makes me wonder," she said, "will this love ever work?" I replied: "Of course it will, you won't be able to resist my moves like Jagger."

Comments

• edited January 2012
    Maroon5
  • edited January 2012
    All right, if you're not going to come up with something, I will.

I was out last friday night with my girlfriend. We were having a really nice time, but I was beginning to get bored. So, I watched TV for a bit. She caught me in the middle of a show and told me to take her home. On the way, I had to pick up gas.We stopped at a station and she told me to call her mom. I decided to have a little fun and prank her. "This is the police department," I told her. "We've arrested your husband. The state frowns on sodomy." The old bitch hung up on me, and to make matters worse, my girklfriend had been listening in. She told me to grow up and act my age, then she stormed off.

Pfft, women.
  • edited January 2012
    All right, if you're not going to come up with something, I will.

I was out last friday night with my girlfriend. We were having a really nice time, but I was beginning to get bored. So, I watched TV for a bit. She caught me in the middle of a show and told me to take her home. On the way, I had to pick up gas.We stopped at a station and she told me to call her mom. I decided to have a little fun and prank her. "This is the police department," I told her. "We've arrested your husband. The state frowns on sodomy." The old bitch hung up on me, and to make matters worse, my girklfriend had been listening in. She told me to grow up and act my age, then she stormed off.

Pfft, women.

What's My Age Again?- Blink182
  • edited January 2012
    lovetodo22 wrote: »
    What's My Age Again?- Blink182

Dude. You don't get it. You're supposed to come up with your own story after you give your answer. You can't just give an answer and expect the thread to continue. COME UP WITH SOMETHING.

If you'll excuse me, I've got to go feed my parrot. She's really gotta lay off the crackers and drink some more water.
  • edited January 2012
    What StrongBrush1 said. Anyway, here's another one, if there's no story nere.

"Help!" Julia yelled. It was only yesterday when she got her driver's license. "I'm gonna drive my car now," she said, just before leaving. But after a while it started to rain, and her car slipped. As she got out of her car, she turned to a paramedic and said "I feel fine," before passing out.
  • edited January 2012
    GaryCXJk wrote: »
    What StrongBrush1 said. Anyway, here's another one, if there's no story nere.

"Help!" Julia yelled. It was only yesterday when she got her driver's license. "I'm gonna drive my car now," she said, just before leaving. But after a while it started to rain, and her car slipped. As she got out of her car, she turned to a paramedic and said "I feel fine," before passing out.

There was a story in the last part of my post.

Also, a couple of different songs by the Beatles. (Help, Julia, Yesterday, Drive My Car, Rain, I Feel Fine.)
  • edited January 2012
    Wow, you're good.
  • edited February 2012
    Wow, nobody got mine? It was "Polly" by Nirvana. Uncultured pop music listeners...

Maybe you'll get this one: I decided to have a little fun the other day. I brought my dad's gun to school ( it wasn't loaded, but I brought it anyway) just so I could show it off. A bunch of jerk-offs confronted me in the hallway and held me up against the wall, shaking me down for money. i took out the gun and they backed off. I looked at them and said, "those fancy kicks of yours better run faster than my bullets." They swore never to bother me again and ran off. I got suspended, but it was totally worth it.
  • edited February 2012
    Pumped up kicks- Foster the people?

And so, with the push of a button, the world started to break apart. The sky turned black, the air turned green and life slowly faded away. After the weapon had fulfilled its purpose, the world was but a dark shell of what it was before. The humans are dead, the animals are mutating and the plants have turned to dust. Who the heck would build something like this anyway?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.