What is your most frequently used program?

edited May 2007 in General Chat
What is your most frequently used program according to the Windows start menu? This only applies if you haven't modified your system to not let Windows automatically manage the programs shown on the list.

The reason I am asking this is that I noticed that mine is, and has been for a while, Notepad... which seems odd, but I do use it a lot.

Comments

• edited May 2007
    Haha, Notepad here as well. I use it to keep track of a lot of stuff, as well as code my web pages with it. Next on the list is iTunes (I love music) and Word (hey, I have to write a lot of papers and stuff).
  • edited May 2007
    Mine is Adobe Acrobat, followed by Notepad and WinEdt. I often use notepad as a means of temporary storage that is somewhere between CTRL-C and actually saving something to a file. I also occasionally use it to do some back-of-the-envelope manipulations when I can't find my pen.
  • edited May 2007
    MS paint. When I am bored during group discussions or anything else that has someone giving a lecture, I would bust out ms paint on my laptop and start dooling nonsensical things. I even did it to a point where I liked the pattern I drew and used it as wallpaper for my myspace page. MS paint is my most used, flithy whor--I mean program. hehe
  • edited May 2007
    Paint.NET, Winamp and Bright Side of the Moon
  • edited May 2007
    Notepad, Microsoft Word 2003, Minesweeper(:D ), calculator and Windows Live Messenger. For some strange reason, Windows Media Player isn't on there, but that is definitely the most used program on this computer. :rolleyes:
  • edited May 2007
    Paint Shop Pro, Notepad, Ace FTP, Word...
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited May 2007
    MS Paint
    Windows Media Player
    WordPad
    Paint Shop Pro
    Internet Explorer
    Winamp
  • jmmjmm
    edited May 2007
    Paint Shop Pro, Notepad, Solitaire (with the customized Ted E. Bear's background) and Outlook
  • edited May 2007
    Internet Explorer (odd since I rarely use IE)
    OpenOffice
    GameTap
    Notepad
    Ares
    WinRAR
  • edited May 2007
    aside from Internet Explorer as being number one:
    - Zoom Player and MP Classic for videos
    - ACDSee and Photoshop for images
    - WinAmp for audios
    - Visual.NET, MSSQL and UltraEdit for development
    - BitComet, eMule, mIRC and CuteFTP for dl/ul
    - Nero, WhereIsIt, WinRAR and UltraISO for managing my collections..uh, data
  • edited May 2007
    Mh... Firefox I guess... but aside from that:

At work: 3dsmax, AfterEffects, Photoshop
    At home: Probably Photoshop
  • edited May 2007
    DosBox. Is top of the list - but that list only keeps track of the most frequently used program that you select from the START menu. I have shortcuts to all my really frequently used programs in the quick-launch menu and when you use programs from there it doesn't record that as a "use" of the program. So my really most frequently used programs are Firefox, MS Word, Thunderbird, iTunes, and CivIV. (And the Sam and Max games of course)
  • SquinkySquinky Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2007
    Since I, too, access my most frequently used programs (Opera, Miranda, OpenOffice Writer, etc.) through the quick launch bar, they don't appear in the start menu. That said, my start menu items at this point in time appear to be:

Spider Solitaire
    Flash 8
    GameTap
    CCleaner
    LimeWire
    Internet Explorer
    Audacity
  • edited May 2007
    Putty
    iTunes (on my Mac, technically, but it's up there in the top 5)
    Worms Armageddon
    Various Telltale games
  • edited May 2007
    I use a Mac, which treats all programs as equal and doesn't play favorites. (As far as I can tell, there's no frequently-used thing in OS X).

But I can tell you mine would be:
    Mail
    NetNewsWire
    Safari
    TextMate

with actual work-related apps (Word, NetBeans) way, way off in the distance.
  • edited May 2007
    MSPaint? I love that! And worms armageddon!?!? If I had my disc with me, I would challenge you to a game Doug.

I guess I should post what else I have on my list:
    Notepad, Opera, Visual C++ 2005, LiveWriter Beta, Gametap (yeah, I am using it in Spain... I am so glad they only check location during the registration stages)
  • edited May 2007
    If you have GameTap, then you can challenge Doug to a game of Worms: Armageddon. I believe the multiplayer works in the GameTap version. Hell, I'll join in if you set up a game. :D
  • edited May 2007
    Chuck wrote: »
    I use a Mac, which treats all programs as equal and doesn't play favorites. (As far as I can tell, there's no frequently-used thing in OS X).

Apple Menu -> Recent Items :)
    ShaggE wrote: »
    If you have GameTap, then you can challenge Doug to a game of Worms: Armageddon. I believe the multiplayer works in the GameTap version. Hell, I'll join in if you set up a game. :D

Actually, I've been playing the standalone version. I hadn't even noticed it was available in Gametap.
  • edited May 2007
    It's still compatible with players on GameTap. Kind of like how Halo could be played between XBox and PC users.
  • edited May 2007
    Oh nice. I didn't know about Halo, either (I don't like Halo :))
  • edited May 2007
    Yeah, Halo is overrated :P
  • edited May 2007
    I too agree that Halo is overrated despite the mother of the director, writer, and creator? for Halo was my highschool english teacher senior year. I should write back to her since it has been 6 years (she asked all her students to send her a letter of where they are at 5 years from the last day of class in 01.) Maybe I should ask for some free halo stuff. Kidding.
  • edited May 2007
    You should ask for free halo stuff... seriously!

Hey Doug, wanna play Worms some time? I haven't played in several years, but I assume it is like riding a bike... except you don't really go anywhere or burn any calories or experience fresh air. Ok, it is nothing like riding a bike.
  • edited May 2007
    tabacco wrote: »
    Apple Menu -> Recent Items :)
    Holy cow, how long has that been there?

It must really be the most recent apps, and not the most used apps, because mine actually makes it look like I've been productive.
  • edited May 2007
    firefox
    nero express
    tmpgenc
    word
    partypoker
  • edited May 2007
    Count me in too for some Worms action. All this talk of WA made me blow the dust off my own box. Obviously the cd was actually near the bottom of last stack I looked and getting things to work under XP was a hassle, but it's all running now.:)
  • edited May 2007
    I've never been able to get the standalone version to work under XP... yet the GameTap version works fine... strange.
  • edited May 2007
    The way I got it to work was to first apply the official patch, then the v3.6.26.5 update. It says you can use the 3.6.26.5 update directly on a fresh cd install but it lies..
  • edited May 2007
    speaking of pc games, blizzard announced STAR CRAFT 2!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUXoekeDIW8&sid=1
  • edited May 2007
    Right now im using Pro Motion a lot for some pixelwork. But generally definitely Photoshop.
  • edited May 2007
    tabacco wrote: »
    Oh nice. I didn't know about Halo, either (I don't like Halo :))

That's because it isn't true.

Also, I have my Worms Armageddon disc ready and waiting. :P

Also, my top 5:
    Notepad
    Notepad++
    Bluesoleil
    VLC MEdia Player and....
    SCUMMVM!
  • edited May 2007
    Hmm, I wonder what all the "cross-platform" hype was about then. I stand corrected.
  • SquinkySquinky Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2007
    Ah, Worms Armageddon. It's been quite a long time. I remember when my brother and I were particularly amused by the high-pitched Jamaican accents. "It be Christmas in the Caribbean!"

I also remember my ex being really into a Worms clone called Liero. That was also pretty fun, despite the fact that I was pretty bad at it.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.