Puzzle Agent graphics problem.

edited February 2012 in Game Support
It does not affect gameplay at all, but in both Puzzle Agent games, in some areas, when things move, a square of lines appears around them as in the picture.

scaled.php?server=600&filename=problemp.png&res=medium

All the drivers on my computer are up to date. I have the first Puzzle Agent on Steam and the second from the Telltale games as an installer. It does this only in some areas of the game, and it's really annoying. Is there anything I can do?

Thanks in advance. :)

Comments

• edited February 2012
    What video card are you using? Also, are you forcing anti-aliasing on in your drivers?
  • edited February 2012
    It's an old AGP ATI Radeon 9550 X1050.
    For the second question... I don't know, how do I check it?
  • edited February 2012
    Looks like that's a legacy device for ATI, and it may not actually meet the minimum requirements for the game. Do you happen to know how much VRAM your card has?

http://www.tweakguides.com/ATICAT_7.html

The information in that guide seems to pertain to the older Catalyst drivers. Unfortunately, I'm not sure off-hand if it's possible to force anti-aliasing prior to the new Catalyst Control Center. If you can, the option would be under the 3D settings somewhere. You might want to double-check and make sure it's not on.
  • edited February 2012
    Thanks. I think that was the problem after all. Now that I managed to turn off the forced anti-aliasing, the games look and run fine.
    Thanks again. ^^
This discussion has been closed.