RPG at the Inventory

Those who have played first FF1 in some form of another, get this idea rather easily. You would form of party of four characters but it would be like in first FF that you can have for example just four Heavies.

Just make it long and take advantage of 3D and you have run-to-mill experience that sells. There is a lot parody potential about FF series as a bonus.

Comments

• edited April 2013
    My first thought reading this was "tabletop rpg at the inventory".

Now there's an idea! A simulated tabletop session in a computer game. How meta!

Telltale, feel free to steal this idea!
  • edited April 2013
    Zoinker wrote: »
    My first thought reading this was "tabletop rpg at the inventory".

Now there's an idea! A simulated tabletop session in a computer game. How meta!

Telltale, feel free to steal this idea!

I'd you're looking for that, a game already has you covered. Try Knights of Pen and Paper.
  • edited April 2013
    I'm not saying that's a bad idea - especially the idea of Tabletop RPG at The Inventory - but that'd be a gigantic game. Even one session would have a ton of dialogue and never end. Maybe if it didn't have voice acting or used Mario style audio ("Yes!" "Hmm." "Critical!" "Mama mia!").

That said, I'd play the hell out of it. Get Vin Diesel and Kevin Smith up ins.
  • edited April 2013
    I can just see this being played by people who (like me) can't afford to go to Comic Con or either of the PAXes. The real thing would probably be one of my highlights of such a trip. I know I'm sad.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.