More new Telltale games?

edited May 2007 in General Chat
I don't quite have the concept down, will Telltale try to make sequals for more classic Lucasarts games in the future? I'm thinking MI, Full Throttle, DOTT etc. It would sure be great if they did. :-)

Comments

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited May 2007
    Muyfa666 wrote: »
    I don't quite have the concept down, will Telltale try to make sequals for more classic Lucasarts games in the future? I'm thinking MI, Full Throttle, DOTT etc. It would sure be great if they did. :-)
    They can't. LucasArts owns the rights to all of those games. The only reason why Telltale was able to make a Sam & Max game is that Steve Purcell only licensed the rights to Sam & Max for Hit the Road and Freelance Police. Once the license that LucasArts had to the Sam & Max characters expired, Telltale Games was able to make a completely new, unrelated Sam & Max game as they had licensed the rights themselves for Sam & Max from Steve Purcell.
  • edited May 2007
    Thanks for clearing that out for me.
  • edited May 2007
    Besides, who wants to keep making sequels? That's played, yo. It should all be either new IP or new licenses. (And I remind everybody that Sam & Max season 1 isn't a sequel to anything).
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2007
    Besides being a sequel to everyone's acculmulated imagination from over the past decade and a half, yes. :)
  • edited May 2007
    What imagination? I happen to be talking to Max right now and he loves me very m *gurgle* *splat*
  • edited May 2007
    Chuck wrote: »
    Besides, who wants to keep making sequels? That's played, yo. It should all be either new IP or new licenses. (And I remind everybody that Sam & Max season 1 isn't a sequel to anything).

Yeah, but Sam & Max season 1 episode 2 is a sequel to Sam & Max season 1 episode 1. :p
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2007
    Is the second episode of Seinfeld a sequel to the first episode? That's being kind of insane. Only on the internet...
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited May 2007
    Jake wrote: »
    Is the second episode of Seinfeld a sequel to the first episode? That's being kind of insane. Only on the internet...
    Actually - it kind of is. Seeing as Elaine wasn't introduced in the first episode, the second episode was like the sequel to the pilot, as it introduced the rest of the main cast. ;)
  • edited May 2007
    Jake wrote: »

-has a sudden urge-

Dare ar two o' dem, two o' dem! De planes, de planes! Heeee, heee, yes master, yesssss!
  • edited May 2007
    So... Whatever happened to Bone? Are you guys still working on that series?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.