Sam and Max - Bright Side of the Moon.exe has stopped working

edited May 2007 in Game Support
I am running the demo of Sam and Max - Dark Side of the Moon under windows vista. I get the error message Sam and Max - Dark Side of the Moon.exe has stopped working when I try to run the program. I cannot get past that to run the game.

Comments

• edited May 2007
    I get this too, and the same thing if I try to run the full (not demo) version of Culture Shock, which I bought back when I still had XP.

Reading the forums, I see that Culture Shock doesn't work under Vista yet (with an update coming out later), but I was under the impression that the later versions worked with no problems. No luck here though, I'm afraid. :(

I'm running as an Administrator account but have UAC turned on.

Any ideas?
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2007
    Disable DEP as described in this thread and that should fix it for you.

The issue with Culture Shock not activating properly on Vista is unrelated to this problem.
  • edited May 2007
    Brilliant!

Thanks, Emily - works a treat now. For the record, I had a quick look at Culture Shock and it seemed to run up fine and I was able to save and load games OK, which I've read other users were having problems with. So all seems well now!
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2007
    Culture Shock as a game is fine on Vista, but the activation system does not work on Vista as we had it implemented for Culture Shock. This is only a problem with Culture Shock, not the other episodes.

We have an alternate version that works on Vista, that we have been sending to people until we get the retail version fixed. If you'd like access to this, just send us an email at support@telltalegames.com and ask for it. :)
  • edited May 2007
    Thanks - e-mail sent!
This discussion has been closed.