Bought The Walking Dead (preorder) and "The Almost Everything Pack", games won't work

edited April 2012 in Game Support
I have a Mac (OS 10.7.3, 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7, 4 GB Memory, AMD Radeon HD 6630 256mb) and I recently bought The Walking Dead Preorder, along with the "Almost Everything" pack.

My problem is that whenever I try to play a game, I can only get to, what I assume to be, the game authorizing page. All the buttons are blank and the text fields won't accept any input. I've tried Back to the Future, Jurassic Park, SAm and Max: Season 2: ep 1, and Strongbad's Cool Game for Attractive People: Ep 1. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• edited April 2012
    It's been two days, and I have yet to receive any help feedback about my problem (I've contacted Telltale via this forum as well as their support email address [issue-58120] ). The Walking Dead is being released tomorrow, and it is very disconcerting that I have no assurance I will be able to play it, given my game activation issues.

Quick feedback and assistance is required, given that I have been completely unable to play the games I purchased several days ago.

Please hurry!
  • edited April 2012
    Still have yet to receive a response regarding my problem. I've tried reinstalling the games many times now to no avail.

As an aside, I wanted to try The Walking Dead (which was released today) on the off chance that it might work, but I can't download it and my games page still says "preorder".
  • Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited April 2012
    Nintendork wrote: »
    Still have yet to receive a response regarding my problem. I've tried reinstalling the games many times now to no avail.

As an aside, I wanted to try The Walking Dead (which was released today) on the off chance that it might work, but I can't download it and my games page still says "preorder".

Not sure why the other games won't work on your computer (someone more technically-minded than me will have to address that), but as for The Walking Dead, the first episode is not available for download yet from the Telltale website (it will be before the end of business day, pacific time).
  • edited April 2012
    Thanks, I kinda figured that it was taking a while for them to put the game up. But that problem pales in comparison to the problem I'm having activating my games.

I still haven't received any acknowledgment from Telltale.
  • edited April 2012
    i have the same problem ... i can't download the game from the webpage
    any idea about what is the problem ????
    everything have a download link but the walking dead not
    it's just there pre order ..
  • edited April 2012
    danielbim wrote: »
    i have the same problem ... i can't download the game from the webpage
    any idea about what is the problem ????
    everything have a download link but the walking dead not
    it's just there pre order ..

You DON'T have the same problem I have. My problem is that none of the games included in the "Everything Else Pack" that I bought, are working, even though my computer specs are good enough.

The reason you can't download the Walking Dead is because Telltale has made it available on their site yet. That's also a problem, but it's not what this thread is about.
  • edited April 2012
    I am "chomping" at the byte waiting to download and get into The Walking Dead.

Still no word here on the East coast, NC as far as I know . . .:confused::cool::)
  • edited April 2012
    Incase I haven't quite made my problem clear, here's what I see when I open some of the "Almost Everything Pack" games.

Hector

As you can see, all the buttons are unlabeled. The empty text fields won't accept any input.

SBCG4AP: 8-bit is Enough
    Same problem. All the buttons are unlabeled. The empty text fields won't accept any input.

Will someone please help?
  • edited April 2012
    Damn that sucks... Though in the meantime you should probably post your DXDiag of your computer, I know they'll sure to be asking about it when they come around so I'll save them the trouble. also, nice User Name. :D
  • edited April 2012
    so has anyone been able to download the first episode of The Walking Dead because when i log onto my account all I see is that it says I have preordered the Season Pass for the walking dead but no direct link for me to download the game??????
  • edited April 2012
    Could everybody please stop using this thread to complain about the Walking Dead not being available yet. I actually have a legitimate problem that I need help with, and I don't need all these unrelated messages clogging up this thread!

Thank you!
  • edited April 2012
    Hey, sorry you're having so much trouble getting your games working. I'm not the most tech-savvy person, but I'm familiar enough with the launcher that I can give you a few suggestions regarding what the problem might be, based on your screenshots.

Basically, what you're seeing is something we call the wrapper. The fact that it is showing up with missing art and other assets indicates to me that it's having trouble connecting to our servers. If you have any firewalls in place or any particularly picky security software, you may want to try temporarily disabling it and see if that helps.

Alternatively, do you happen to be trying to connect through a school server? Those have caused similar issues in the past (again, due to the security software in place).

Let me know if any of that helps.
  • edited April 2012
    Thanks for the tips Caleb, but those are all things I have tried, to no avail. My new post has updated information and a list of the things I have tried.

It might be a good idea for a moderator to close this thread, given that it kinda went off topic.
This discussion has been closed.