Do you guys still receive games for your bday?

edited June 2007 in General Chat
I wondering if any of you guys still get video games for your birthday. For me, I only get money from my parents, but I recently started a tradition to give it to my brother...So yeah....Other than that, I do order games for myself as a present for my birthday. For instance, today is my birthday and I recently ordered Ouendan 2 as a present from myself to myself. Does anyone else get games on their birthday from others or do they resort in buying themselves a game during that day?

Comments

• edited May 2007
    Nah, I haven't got games for my birthday in a lonnnnnnng time. I actually make sure nobody gets me anything. ;) Although I may, of course, occasionally buy myself a game. But I usually don't buy gifts for myself, per say.
  • jmmjmm
    edited May 2007
    Yeah... I got an economic Sim called Wallet (Leather version) and S&M Season 1 (This one from myself)
  • edited May 2007
    Naw, not really...I get cash and use it to buy games (and the occasional "unexpected" item like a Bo-Bobo DVD or a remote-controlled Mario Kart)
  • JonJon Former Telltale Staff
    edited May 2007
    that's pretty much the only way i get any games, got a bunch of wii games from my dad and wife last month :)
  • edited May 2007
    I like to still ask for games sometimes from family members... but mostly I get money, which can be converted into video games through a process called "buying".
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited May 2007
    I don't receive many games for my birthday anymore, because I'm not as big of a gamer girl as I used to be. My mom and sister know I love the Karaoke Revolution games, so I usually get them for Christmas when a new one comes out. :D
  • Dave GrossmanDave Grossman Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2007
    Nobody gets me video games for my birthday, I guess because it's like giving a haircut to a barber, but it's not uncommon for people to give me BOARD games. And I like them.
  • edited May 2007
    only once, along time ago, and I remember that game was Phantasmagoria
  • MelMel
    edited May 2007
    Nobody gets me video games for my birthday, I guess because it's like giving a haircut to a barber, but it's not uncommon for people to give me BOARD games. And I like them.

What's your favorite board game?

As a kid, I loved playing Sorry and Mouse Trap. The last board game I played was when I visited my 5 year old niece (we played Disney Scene It.)

:)
  • edited May 2007
    I still have never got a copy of Phantasmagoria. I read about it in InterAction magazine when they were making it and after it came out, but I never got the darn thing. I think I will go check Ebay and get it, finally, after like 14 years.
  • edited May 2007
    AdamG wrote: »
    I still have never got a copy of Phantasmagoria. I read about it in InterAction magazine when they were making it and after it came out, but I never got the darn thing. I think I will go check Ebay and get it, finally, after like 14 years.

You should, it's a great game if you don't mind cheesy acting and incredibly easy puzzles. (and buckets of gore :P)

As for getting games for my b-day, not very often. I prefer to get game money instead, since I usually ended up with such wonderful hits as "Tee Time: A Golf Simulator For Windows 3.1". :rolleyes:

On the bright side, my family bought me a b-day cake shaped like a PlayStation last year... I'll give them points for that :D
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited May 2007
    it's not uncommon for people to give me BOARD games. And I like them.
    I still whip out The Official and Completely Unrelated Sam & Max Hit the Road Board Game from time to time.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2007
    I think it's more related to the On The Road comic.
  • Dave GrossmanDave Grossman Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2007
    Mel wrote: »
    What's your favorite board game?

As a kid, I loved playing Sorry and Mouse Trap. The last board game I played was when I visited my 5 year old niece (we played Disney Scene It.)

:)

I tend to prefer more recent inventions, though I do like a friendly game of Scrabble now and then. There are so many I enjoy that I'd be hard pressed to pick a favorite. TransAmerica, Puerto Rico, Samurai (the Reiner Knizia one), Qwirkle, Vino, Ra, Citadels, Power Grid, Apples to Apples, Cluzzle... all excellent games worth playing many times. And of course there's poker, but I guess that doesn't count as a board game unless you play it at a board meeting....
  • edited May 2007
    I love board games, especially exotic and unusual ones. I rarely get a chance to play them (and when I do I'm usually not particularly good at them) but I occasionally buy one to add to my collection. Some of my favorites are Metro, Zendo, Chrononauts, and The Bridges of Shangri-La.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2007
    The only game I remember getting for my birthday was King's Quest V back in 1992. That was a good gift. :D

Otherwise, I usually buy myself a game or two around my birthday. This year someone gave me an Amazon gift certificate and I spent it on games.
  • edited May 2007
    not for a long long time. Every year I used to get a game from my dad.. usually christmas more than birthdays though. That's where all my Lucasarts adventure games came from, how I became obsessed with Creatures (man I loved that game) and of course, the first sims.
    Nowdays however, I buy my own stuff. Last time I recieved a game was my sister buying me GTA:Vice city... YAY! first game i'd been given in YEARS. I was happy.

Now, I just get random stuff.. though this year i'm hoping for a new pc.
  • edited June 2007
    My other half usually buys me a game for my birthday or christmas. I start dropping hints about a month prior to the day and he goes out and buys what I want. he does the same with me!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.