Walking Dead won't run

edited May 2012 in Game Support
Hi there.
I preordered the game through steam.
Installation was fine.
First time I start the game up I get a "program is not responding" message after a few moments of nothing happening.
I try again and this time there is no message. Steam does its game is loading thing, then my steam status changes to "in-game", then after about 6 seconds the game process terminates without any indication as to why. Nothing happens on screen during the 6 seconds the process runs for.
Still doesn't work after a computer restart. Disabling the steam overlay also didn't do anything.
Re-installing the game also didn't work.

Any help would be appreciated.

I am running windows 7, an nvidea card and well within the recommended specs.

Comments

• edited April 2012
    Same crap is happening to me.
    Does anyone know how to solve this problem?!
  • edited April 2012
    Right click on the game. Select properties. Select local files and then click 'verify integrity of game cache'

Worth a shot.
  • edited April 2012
    I tried that not long after posting this,
    that didn't work either!
  • edited April 2012
    Restart your steam client yet?
  • edited April 2012
    Edit: scratch the below. The game booted up first time after I did this, but now its gone back to its previous behaviour, i.e. not working.

I found a fix from another part of the telltale forums.

For anybody who might need it:

If your using an nvidea card, locate the file nvoglv32.dll and copy it into the game directory.
    I have no idea why this works, but it does.
  • edited April 2012
    %90+ of people are not able to play. There are forms everywhere and a hundred diffrent things to try that really dont work. You'll need to wait for an actual fix, this company tends to take a while to acknoladge that there is a problem then longer to fix it, in a week or so I can expect to get the majority of people playing. It was a fail launch to soon im assuming.
  • edited April 2012
    here is there support wep page:
    http://www.telltalegames.com/company/contactus
    if any one wants to contact them
  • edited April 2012
    Have this too, had it with Jurassic Park on Steam too. It ran fine outside Steam, so there's probably some weird driver stuff going on. Or some program makes the Telltale engine die.

I heard there was a certain program, that when installed would also somehow prevent Sam & Max games from running, wish I remembered the name.
  • edited April 2012
    Dextron wrote: »
    Edit: scratch the below. The game booted up first time after I did this, but now its gone back to its previous behaviour, i.e. not working.

I found a fix from another part of the telltale forums.

For anybody who might need it:

If your using an nvidea card, locate the file nvoglv32.dll and copy it into the game directory.
    I have no idea why this works, but it does.

Didn't work for me.. also tried dxsetup to no vail and steam restart and integrity cache verification.

BUT, what did work was the following:

I installed directx again (don't know if that really mattered since I think mine was updated), but i RESTARTED my computer. When I started the game again, it works! :)
  • edited April 2012
    this really sucks!!

i bought the game 2 days ago and untill now i cant launch it!

i tried everything and nothing seems to work!!

Telltale either refund us or find a fix ASAP!!!
  • edited May 2012
    i got the walking dead 2 days ago and still cant play i have done everything it says it lunching then says telltale had a error and needs to shut down it says i have played 45 min but thats just how many times i have tried to load the game i have done everything i have read even uninstalling and re installing the game i got mine from game fly they say they cant help so i contacted steam and im waiting for a answer cant get no one on telltale ether i use win xp and Microsoft essentials is my anti virus but i dont think they have anything to do with it it something with telltale if any one can help please leave me a message and no disconnecting the internet dont work for me
  • edited May 2012
    i tried everything on the game support to get my walking dead game to work well nothing helped so i called my brother in-law and i found out that the video card i have isn't supported by the game and i need MB of ram i only have 384 so i tried the game on my laptop and guess what it worked a little choppy but it worked so i need to get a new video card that is not Intel and i need to get more ram so for every one that's still having problem check you'r ram and video card to make sure the game supports it as soon as i get these i will post and let you know if it fixed the problem good luck
This discussion has been closed.