Sam & Max ep 5: download error, forbidden 403

edited June 2007 in Game Support
I own the complete series, and I was trying to download episode 5.
To cut down time I tried to download episode 6 while the other downloader for 5 was already running.
Then I got a "The server returned an error response: 403 = Forbidden. Aborting." error textbox.

I found a menu button to retrieve the debug info from the downloader, which was the following:

BEGIN

********** Process #1**********

StartRequest
2007/05/27-01:28:23
Connecting...
Connecting... [209.87.179.210]

!!!! ----Header Sent----
>>>> GET /wgt/48D301279E7E371A06591231922BDB19/BAFD13BC5FD7EB78EC37C9AE6716C6ED122ADCB2763C66B7/telltalegame/SamAndMax_Reality20_Setup_offer.exe HTTP/1.1
Host: wgttrl.digitalriver.com
Range: bytes=0-
User-Agent: GetRight/6.2a
Accept: */*
Accept-Encoding:

!!!! ----Header Recv----
HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden
Date: Sat, 26 May 2007 23:28:23 GMT
Server: Apache
Error-Message: Its not a trialware product
X-Server-Name: dnl01@dc1dnl02
Connection: close
Transfer-Encoding: chunked
Content-Type: text/html

StartRequest
2007/05/27-01:28:24
Connecting... [209.87.179.210]

!!!! ----Header Sent----
>>>> GET /wgt/48D301279E7E371A06591231922BDB19/BAFD13BC5FD7EB78EC37C9AE6716C6ED122ADCB2763C66B7/telltalegame/SamAndMax_Reality20_Setup_offer.exe HTTP/1.1
Host: wgttrl.digitalriver.com
Range: bytes=0-
User-Agent: GetRight/6.2a
Accept: */*
Accept-Encoding:

!!!! ----Header Recv----
HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden

END

Any idea what is going on?
I'm not sure if downloading 5 and 6 simultaneously is what trigged the error in the first place, but that is none the less what I did.
There is no problem downloading episode 6 or any other episode for that matter. It is only ep5 I get error on :(

Comments

• edited May 2007
    Reads like you need to login somehow and have cookies set. You can go to 'Account' (right top of screen) and then to 'past purchases', then click on 're-download' and enter your ORDER password, should get you a page where you can download episode 5.

(based on the difference in 'your' url and the new ones I see on my re-download screen I think Digital River changed their layout)
  • edited May 2007
    Well I do log in at telltalegames.com to get access to the previous purchases and the download page. I even tried clearing my cookies to have them reset, but I don't think that's the problem, since the downloader is independent of my browser. So it doesn't matter if I use Opera or IE, and what cookies they have set. It seems the downloader is pretty much stand-alone.

Anyway, I have tried resetting the cookies on my browsers. Re-logged-in, downloaded the downloader .exe file many times over in different browsers, and every time I run the downloader application, I get the same error message. And it is only for episode #5 as far as I know, I have downloaded the other 5 episodes without problems.
  • edited May 2007
    Probably best to mail support of Digital River, they're supposed to handle delivery, which is obviously failing :)
  • edited May 2007
    Hello,

For the past two days now, I have been trying to download Episode 5. I also tried to download Episode 6 separately. I receive no error messages--just a complete lack of progress on the bar. I tried restarting my computer and even left the download bar up all night. I tried to access my former order information, but could not reach the former order page. All previous four episodes worked and downloaded beautifully. Any suggestions?
  • edited June 2007
    Sounds almost like you or your firewall/router are blocking the download site (probably unintentionally)? Try mailing Digital River support, it's their server they might be able to see what happens.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2007
    No one should email Digital River. All support email should come to support@telltalegames.com.

Zigrath and mareng9, I've got someone looking into this for you.
  • edited June 2007
    Emily wrote: »
    No one should email Digital River. All support email should come to support@telltalegames.com.

Ah.. ok. Sorry 'bout that :)
  • RyanRyan Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2007
    mareng9, definitely try lowering your firewall. And for anyone having trouble downloading from your provided links, try these alternate links: http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2007
    Hi Zigrath,

Ryan and I both tried downloading from your download link and we both got the same error, so it's nothing to do with your cookies or your setup. We've reported the problem to Digital River so they can investigate it. In the meantime, visit the link Ryan posted above to download episode 5 from an alternate link.
This discussion has been closed.