TWD: Crash

edited April 2012 in Game Support
I try to open the game via steam and it tries to load then it crashes.

Comments

• edited April 2012
    I try to open the game via steam and it tries to load then it crashes.

Yeah. You're right. I was started the game and ı can't selected on option to Full screen. I hope so Walking Dead have bugs for GPU card Ati Radeon HD 6990 512-bit. Because my card have minimum Pixel shader 2.0 The game say 1.2 :=) This is really bad. We must waiting the new update.
  • edited April 2012
    It won't even give me an option to go into the options lol, it just goes to a black screen trying to go into a full window mode and then crashes with unknown error.

I have a updated Nvidia 450 gtx and a 2.8 quad core intel
  • edited April 2012
    It won't even give me an option to go into the options lol, it just goes to a black screen trying to go into a full window mode and then crashes with unknown error.

I have a updated Nvidia 450 gtx and a 2.8 quad core intel

Yeah but if you can be started the windowed mode ( maybe you can change the .inf or menu file, ı dont know how is it ) when you opened the game without crashed. I have too quad core Intel @9550 CPU and I have Ati Radeon HD 6990.
  • edited April 2012
    When you start the game you'll crash too.

In about two minutes into it.

Then bad stuff happens.
  • edited April 2012
    okay i even pre-ordered this... this needs to be fixed asap! otherwise I demand my money back!
  • edited April 2012
    I'm running a Hexacor 907@320 GHz and it wont even open. I had a white box show up, and it went away. Since then it acts like it wants to start but nothing happens. I also verified the integrity of the cache files. This was OK.
  • edited April 2012
    okay i even pre-ordered this... this needs to be fixed asap! otherwise I demand my money back!

I'm just finished the episode 1. of course play on windowed mode. Really this game need the patch for this bug fixing. Need more check for bugs from coders. This is not good.
  • edited April 2012
    When you start the game you'll crash too.

In about two minutes into it.

Then bad stuff happens.

Whats your computer specs ?
  • edited April 2012
    aside from stuttering in the woods in chapter 2 i had no issue's on highest settings on AMD HD6670
    But from what i see posted around the web i can't help to think it is somehow related to AMD compatibility issue's.
  • edited April 2012
    No issues running at max details using a NV 550 Ti. I recall having to run the exe as admin to get stable play on the BTTF release so you might try that if you're running Windows.
  • edited April 2012
    might be why i have better performance then allot of AMD users with better cards as me, i have UAC turned off.
    So yes you can try as zefiend said and run as admin.
  • edited April 2012
    That happened to me. I just reboot the computer and all solved. Just finished chapter 1.
This discussion has been closed.